The mkiv Supra Owners Club

i want a UK TT manual with all the extras

Guest lushak

Guest lushak

is there anything i need to know about when buying a supra?

whats the going price for a UK TT?

Will be saying goodbye to my MR2 Tubby :cry:

Cheers

is there anything i need to know about when buying a supra?

whats the going price for a UK TT?

Will be saying goodbye to my MR2 Tubby :cry:

Cheers

:welcome:

Why are you just wanting a UK car? A lot of the J-spec cars came with leather and other extras as an option, later models came with them as standard. See FAQ in Tecnical scetion loads of good articles in there for new buyers.

See auto trader website and Classifieds section on here to get an idea of prices.

Guest lushak

thanks for the quick relpy guys, im after a uk one because ive got a import MR2 and thats a pain for getting parts for.

just keeps life simple :rolleyes: and cheaper on insurance no doubt.

will have a look at that link now :thumbs:

OO just up the road from me :) You aint having mine tho :sly:

As Nic said, you can get a fairly similar spec with a JDM car, but as you stated insurance reasons, I can see where you're coming from.

Parts for a JDM shouldnt be a problem really. Its just servicing costs at Toyota dealerships that they up the prices for servicing charges.

Guest lushak
OO just up the road from me :) You aint having mine tho :sly:

As Nic said, you can get a fairly similar spec with a JDM car, but as you stated insurance reasons, I can see where you're coming from.

Parts for a JDM shouldnt be a problem really. Its just servicing costs at Toyota dealerships that they up the prices for servicing charges.

Should i say i would prefer a UK TT for them reasons, but a non rusty mint import would do. :D

i have 9-10k to spend on one, and would prefer one kitted with 18"s on,

is this a realistic price for a tasty excellent condition TT?

Guest lushak
Seb's selling a UK Manual TT. the price on it is very fair as they do go for quite a premium still!

dont supose ya have a link? or what sections it in? im not familiar with the site yet :thanks:

Would i get a decent jap one for 10k?

Should i say i would prefer a UK TT for them reasons, but a non rusty mint import would do. :D

i have 9-10k to spend on one, and would prefer one kitted with 18"s on,

is this a realistic price for a tasty excellent condition TT?

You will get a lot more choice with the J-spec cars at that budget and (dare I say without getting into a UK vs J war) you'll get a better car with lower milage for you money.

A low mileage one ~50k miles you could probably pick up for anywhere between 13-15k if it was in ace condition and unmodded.

Modded ones will be cheaper, check out Sebs though, you're gonna have to pay for pretty much the rarest model Supra in a decent condition as good as his.

You'll get a better VALUE car with a JDM, you wont get a better car though as has been discussed previously.

Guest lushak

like the sound of that, got a insurance quote for a 95 UK TT that was £1250 fully comp, will get a quote on a j-spec :rolleyes:

how old are you mate - i got a UK because of insurance but i was 22 when i got mine. If i got one now and got a quote on a j-spec i would of got one of them.

you'll get a wider choice with a j-spec, plus you can get leather as a retrim from Gibson and Bryne (spellin?!) and it'd still work out cheaper. Or you can buy mine for £18k :D :lol:

Guest lushak

im 25 with only 2yrs no claims, had a little run in with the front of a range rover :trust: not good.

seb`s is a fine example algiht, would have to get it for £8000 though and respray it blue :p sorry red aint my colour,

a j-spec shouldnt be too much more expensive on the insurance. Phone elephant etc but make sure you try the club insurer - Sky Insurance, say you're from here. think you need to speak to someone called Jay? there's a thread somewhere......

You'll be lucky to get a decent UK manual full stop let alone one the right side of 10k. Give the club insurer Sky a ring as it makes no difference to them if it's import or not.

Then go for a J Spec, more choice and generally lower mileage and better condition.

Or, if you have months to spare start looking for the holy grail - a UK manual (preferbaly in black). A very very lucky member on here has just that! :respekt:

A-Plan quoted me exactly the same price for a j-Spec as a UK car. 23 with 5 yrs no claims, 5 points, paid about £900, they also allow you to declare a 'few' mods at no extra cost

Christian

Really... What year is your car? Best i got out of them was £1300 about a week ago and my details are exactly the same as yours. 23, 5yrs no claims, no points. Thats with stainless steel exhorst system, full veilside kit worth arount £2000, BOV, and 19''s worth about £2000. Might have to ring them tomorrow and see if i can them to go a little cheaper! :complain: