The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Motoring Nightmares...

Guest MattG@J-Tuner

Guest MattG@J-Tuner

Hi all,

As some of you may or may not be aware, but there is a new Japanese car mag on the market called J-Tuner.

www.jtunermagazine.co.uk

We are obviously interested in any feature-worthy cars you may know of; but at the moment we are looking for any problem stories you may have had. Those who have read the mag will know of the 'Readers Nightmares' section. Whether you have brought a duff car, had a accident or blown it up, we would like to hear from you.

Thanks,

Matt

No chance. Samurai advertise in J-Tuner.

that would be the ultimate test of where the mag stands wouldnt it. I would think most of the jap tuners would advertise in there so the readers woes section could be surprisingly short lived if they have to back away from any stories about the advertisers.

JB

that would be the ultimate test of where the mag stands wouldnt it. I would think most of the jap tuners would advertise in there so the readers woes section could be surprisingly short lived if they have to back away from any stories about the advertisers.

JB

Good call JB I for one would be impressed by their journalistic mettle if they did a feature on Rosies experience with Samurai scum.

With the amount of unhappy customers (inc. the epic story from Rosie) I'm sure J-Tuner could make an entire feature out of Samurai.

I wonder if their status as an adveriser will have any effect... :innocent:

I'm sure we're all interested to hear J-Tuners response to this thread?

Would be interesting to see who is more important in J-Tuners opinion. The advertiser who pays the advertising fee or the punters who buy the magazine... :innocent:

In such publications most of the revenue comes from advertising and not the cover price. ;)

As far as I know only 'Which?' magazine is not funded by advertising, that's why it can be impartial

I see two likely avenues here:

1. They water down the 'woes' section by avoiding specifics, names etc

2. They name Samurai and everyone goes 'ah' 'ooooh' 'bravo' while Samurai change name and/or ownership so that there is no reputation to damage anymore. This happens often in the trade, sometimes via a voluntary liquidation. Keeps the creditors at bay, too.