The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Well my car is at the bodyshop

mikeyb10supra

Finally got round to getting my car booked in to get my Bomex bumper fitted which has been lying in my garage for ages cant wait.

I did feel a bit anxious about leaving it there though with all the youngsters about especially as I saw one reving up a skyline that was in the garage as he reversed it out of the yard!!!

I hate leaving my car but there is no where else to take it near me.......I took the mileage and hope they wont drive it......if its 2-3 miles over there will be wars when i go back tonight I can tell you.

Does anyone else hate leaving there car in places like this??? it always worrys me leaving it at garages......still my dad kind of knows them so its not too bad......and they often have ferrari's and skylines etc in there

am I being to paranoid??

still really excited about picking it up.......no point worrying now it there all day :shrug:

On my old car (that had ALOT of paintwork done), I used to get a piece of masking tape and place it onto the speedo below the mileage and then take the last mileage down as I got out of the car. Plus I used to write it down on the back of my hand. The masking tape lets the garage know that you have taken a note of the mileage and they would be stupid to try and do anything then.

No your not being paranoid you just dont want someone thrashing your car and not giving a sh!t about the consequences just like the rest of us.

When i first picked my supra up i booked it in garage for a service. when I left I told the manager i didnt want my car being driven apart from in and out of the service area, he assuered me it wouldnt be and I trusted his word.

A few hours passed and my office is only ten minutes down the road so i thought id pop in to see how things were going. Yeah youve guessed it! as i was pulling in what nearly crashed into the front of me but my new shiny black supra. My F:taped:ING GOD !!!! the air was blue.

I made the two lads reverse back in. had a few words :swear: . I went in to see the boss and he had just left for lunch. Anyway i took my supra and returned later, had a talk with the manager :blahblah: he couldnt appologise enough and had the service charged waived. So every cloud has a silver lining.

Although its not the case with some places. Ive had my car down at Thor Racing a few times and i just had a gut feeling with Pete that he is in the business because he loves what he does and not just to make a quick buck. One time i left the car there for ten days while i was holiday. So well done to Pete i cant recommend enough :thumbs: .

all done now.

Max

I hate leaving my car but there is no where else to take it near me.......I took the mileage and hope they wont drive it......if its 2-3 miles over there will be wars when i go back tonight I can tell you.

:shrug:

They'll probably disconnect the speedo! :nyah:

I hate leaving it aswell, when I got the Mot last time I stayed with car and I've never left it anywhere.

I would trust the people on here but knowone else.

I've just been watching the news and there was a report that police are looking for a Silver Supra in the Essex area that was involved in a high speed police chase earlier today, Mike I hope that's nowhere near you :eek:

I've just been watching the news and there was a report that police are looking for a Silver Supra in the Essex area that was involved in a high speed police chase earlier today, Mike I hope that's nowhere near you :eek:

hmmmm are you having me on there nic ha ha....I hope so or are you serious.....just to let you all know anyway, I got it back in one piece and to say I was impressed would be an understatement.....they were very professional....the milage had'nt changed and they even packaged up the old active spoiler and put it in the boot.....they even fitted the whole lot lights and everything in just over 4hrs which I think is pretty impressive, and the paint work is superb....A skyline was pulling in just as I left so they must be a pretty sound place.....I would reccomend them to anyone.....Also I didnt realise how pally my old man was with the owners so I even got a discount....guess I was worrying for nothing....so if anyone wants some work done in essex/london way let me know and I will give you there details

before anyone says anything.....I will try and get some picks up shortly when I clean it :ecstatic:

Always a relief to get it back ain't it m8. They had mine for almost 2 weeks, and i'm pretty sure they got fed up of me 'just passing by' all the time, but it's impossible not to worry. Luckily, the guys that fitted my veilside kit were both old giffers, so i didn't have to worry too much, but they were also part of a garage, which was full of youngsters, so i also took the mileage just like you did. Did the same when i got the windows tinted cos i didn't know the guy, he'd only been recommended to me. But the same again, no mileage, and no damage. Guess we're all just a little fond of our cars, and want to make sure no one takes advantage of having them whilst our backs are turned! Get the piccys posted!! :D

hmmmm are you having me on there nic ha ha....

Sorry couldn't resist Mike :looney:

Good to hear you're pleased with the work, it's always a bit worrying taking your car to somewhere for the first time, sounds like they did a good job.