The mkiv Supra Owners Club

To Write Off A 93l Uk Tt

supra-alex

say worth £9500 how much damage in £ would it take.

what would be the market value of a black uk tt 1993 L reg, standard 89,000 on the clock with full service history records.

Someone i know crashed his into a wall on wet road, basically he's waiting on inspection for:

Intercooler (not confirmed)

Bonnet

Front Bumper

2 complete headlight sets

drivers door

d/s rearview mirror

both front fenders

grille

everything else to fit the front inc that steel impact bar which is hanging off.

the condition of the chassis is unknown at the time of writing.

he is with elephant, surely they'd rather spend 5k rather than writing it off for £9k ? wouldn't they ?

I appreciate any response from those with unwanted experience !!

thanks

alex

I believe if the damage is around 2/3'rds of the car value they will declare it a write off.

TBH it sounds like a write off, alot of work to do, but if you know the right people its not unbelievable to think it could be repaired

Being honest, its a write off for sure.

We have a customers Supra in at the moment which we are rebuilding. Total is about £6k so far and it was as far damaged as that. And thats not going through the insurance company either...

Wheels OK? Suspension, Inner wings? Need's jigging?

Gaz.

yep marks car he bought sz of me for parts but now selling it.

I believe if the damage is around 2/3'rds of the car value they will declare it a write off.

TBH it sounds like a write off, alot of work to do, but if you know the right people its not unbelievable to think it could be repaired

more like anything over 1/3rd in my experience!!! :Pling:

But mine was an import, when it comes to repairing jspecs on insurance they just arent interested!!!