The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What Boost level?

Stonkin

People,

My new car is fitted with one of those Blitz Turbo Timers that also has the boost reading. When playing with it i noticed the peak warning level was set to 1.25, i've now set this to 1.2. I reset the device when i got it (didnt mean to, was just playing) and have since seen that the peak boost level it has reached since saturday is 1.14. The car is a 96 and only has an apexi induction kit, backbox and decat centre.

Does this sound about right?

Cheers,

It may be just the boost reading is not very accurate. If you ARE boosting over 1bar then you should be hitting the standard fuel cut (safety feature built into the ECU to stop you over boosting.)

The first thing I would do is check if you have a Fuel Cut Defender (FCD) or non standard ECU fitted. To do this, lift up the passenger side footwell carpet. Behind this you will find a cover with 4 bolts, undo the bolts and you will see 2 metal boxes, the bigger of the 2 is the main ECU, first check that this has a Toyota label on it. If it is a Toyota ECU then check the wiring loom attached to the ECU, if you have a FCD fitted you will see a box of some type spliced into the wires.

If it all looks normal, then it must be the boost reading that isn't accurate, otherwise you would be hitting fuel cut at anything over 1bar, which is like hitting a brick wall, as all power is suddenly cut from the engine.

Let us know what you find.

Didnt have chance to have a proper look at this last night, i briefly tried to pull back the carpet, but did have any tools handy to take the plastic trim off, i noticed that certainly the 2 top screws holding the carpet down (going from that link Nic) were not there!!

mmmmm...