The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I need some GOOD anti-theft valve caps

SupraStar 3000

Parked the soop outside our local doctors surgery to pick up my mum for nolonger than 3 minutes and when I get outside I see the local chav population riding off into the sunset with new BMX bling valve caps

ok, so its not the crime of the century but it fooks me off :(

This is the 7th sets gone to date.

Anyone recommend any good anti-theft valve caps.

Locking or spining that looks good

Plan A~i really would'nt bother with anything locking mate as the toe-rags will get mad and probably twist the whole valve off leaving you with a much bigger problem than missing caps, i just stick with black plastic, their not very bling but at least there still there when you come back to the car

Plan B~chain 4 attack trained alsations to the four corners of your car WITH razor blades glued to the caps

Plan A~i really would'nt bother with anything locking mate as the toe-rags will get mad and probably twist the whole valve off leaving you with a much bigger problem than missing caps, i just stick with black plastic, their not very bling but at least there still there when you come back to the car

Plan B~chain 4 attack trained alsations to the four corners of your car WITH razor blades glued to the caps

:littled:

yeah super glue small bits of broken razor blade to your caps and keep a pair of gloves in the boot for when you do the tyre pressures......you know they are sharp but they don't.....nobody nicks my valve caps...ahhhhh haaaa haaaaa haaaaaa

i like this option, how bout using fine broken glass ;)

i had a set niked, nice blue ones to match my rims of my alloys, now got silver with toyota logo on the top of them. been almost a year and not been stolen yet, altho one has fallen off already :( but they just valve caps, gonna stcik with black plastic once these ones go too.

hi i had alluminium caps all round , put them on with some pliers .

seen the little bastards outside , by the time i get out they are all off, shout at the twats, and one cheeky little git shouts back , weve got pliers as well mister.

so its black plastic for me now.

ps its not werth winding the little shits up , theyll only go and put a nail down the side :thumbdown

hi i had alluminium caps all round , put them on with some pliers .

seen the little bastards outside , by the time i get out they are all off, shout at the twats, and one cheeky little git shouts back , weve got pliers as well mister.

so its black plastic for me now.

ps its not werth winding the little shits up , theyll only go and put a nail down the side :thumbdown

after the trip to a&e for sliced fingers they will think twice about nicking valve caps and burgle your house :clap:

... weve got pliers as well mister.

:clap: :respekt:

As for the 'vigilante' valve cap mods, it's nice to remember that they know where you live (and park your car) while you don't know much about them.

So if they have to go to A&E you'd better find another place to park the car out of sight ;) . (just thinking ahead a bit, not saying they don't deserve to have their soft little hands maimed :littled: )

I was gonna do the razor blade bit when mine kept going missing on the MG. But you know full well you'd get a prison sentence for GBH or something stupid!!!

I tried some of the spinning ones, and they were never removed, but I got more and more gouges out of my alloys where they'd tried to clamp them with pliers to get them off!!!

I love bling so I just keep buying new sets. :(

I was gonna do the razor blade bit when mine kept going missing on the MG. But you know full well you'd get a prison sentence for GBH or something stupid!!!

That is yet another issue, IF the 'mod' works

I had some little local shoits jumping over a wall down my garden when I first moved in, and in order to deter them I did the honourable thing (for a psycho). Fitted broken glass and upright nails on the top.

Quite startled they were, didn't expect it perhaps :cool:

Word went round that their parents were considering involving the Law to deal with people like me. You see, it was me being antisocial, not their offspring jumping onto people's gardens and vandalising at will.

Nothing happened in the end, they probably got the message that I'm not such an easy opponent, or that involving the cops would expose their identities. Who knows, and who cares, the practice of jumping fences is now history.

funny this thread has just popped up..

On Saturday there are 2 female chavs loitering around my car, I don't pay much attention for a while then I realise one of them is tying her shoe lace suspiciously close to my front wheel..

Almost sitting in the dish !!

They are so dumb.. I walk over and announce that if I find one valve cap missing from my car I m going to break every little bone in their bloody body.

Needless to say my rear left one had vanished and a girl stood there clasping her hand very tight, I tried scare tactics to get it back but she would not give in and I could not physically open her hand and pull it off her.

Stupid bitch. If I see her again I am going to follow her and F**ing steal it off her bike! :complain:

... I walk over and announce that if I find one valve cap missing from my car I m going to break every little bone in their bloody body.:

In the eyes of the Law this is threatening behaviour

I could not physically open her hand and pull it off her.:

Someone could interpret this as an assault.

I'd be very careful when dealing directly with such genetic specimens, sometimes people hide behind them and later sue YOU for damages. ;)

If they win, they can extract a lot out of you

If they don't win they lose nothing

If they lose, you can't extract anything from them (well, a fiver per month out of their giro)

I would LOVE to go to coart and slay a chav harder than they have ever been hit before!

Beleive me I know my rights... I could have just grabbed her and dragged her to the police station. Its called citizens arrest and totally within my rights!

I gaurantee after 5 steps she would have given it back.

Beleive me I know my rights... I could have just grabbed her and dragged her to the police station. Its called citizens arrest and totally within my rights!

In reality it may be less straightforward though.

She could easily drop the valve cap as you're dragging her, and then you'd end up in the police station with no proof whatsoever, just an aggrevated assault charge.

Then contend with 'thankyou' notes through the windows attached to bricks (or variations thereof)

In the long run, best thing is to move to a place where such vermin don't frequent. This is a socio-economical issue that won't go away any time soon.

Fat Cart magazine gave away some titanium caps shaped like pistons over a year ago. The ti edges of the "piston rings" were very sharp and would give me tiny little cuts whenever I touched them.

But still the buggers took two of them, so I really tightened them on, with a liberal coating of copper slip to prevent the titanium binding to the steel valve thread. It stuck solid and I had to cut them off last month.

Black plastic for me now, all the f###ing way. The chavs dictate the way I have to live my life.

i had the ones nicked off mine the genuine racing hart ones which really ticked me off

So went out and brought a set with toyota logo jobbies off ebay

One day my mate was over and we acctually looked out the window to see two chavvy little scum bags bent down at the corner off my car :complain:

well my drive is surounded by fenses and the only way out off my drive is the way they came in past me and my very tall and large nutter mate who took great pleasure of scary them till they cried :respekt: they have never been round my street again :p

But as for securing them i would not as they will probably end up using a tool and scratching your wheel which is what happend the first time round to me and scratched my racing hart wheels