The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hybrids - How much??

garetheves

Cheers for replys guys. TBH im not looking into getting them done but when looking at the different performance upgrades options was just pricing up difference between the single and the hybrids and weighing up pros and cons of each.

Cheers again.

I am doing hybrids to customers specifications now - price is £1300 for a set!

12 month warrenty etc

Very happy with the maker - and a very short turnaround time - we can usually get them done prior to dropping off your car - so just a turnaround rather than wait to get them done

Cheers

Not sure how much they cost but U would have to go with larger injectors and some sort of fuel management to control it (ie SAFC, e-manage).

Larger injectors etc are not vital unless upping the boost significantly.

I'd say the only minimum requirement with hybrids is a fuel pump to be safe.

I'd say larger injectors were necessary ;)

Simon (Heckler) has 550's and a hybrid-equipped car and he's seeing 80% duty cycles at 1.2bar of boost in the upper rev ranges. That equates to 100% duty from 440's - nasty.

-Ian

At 1.2 bar i dont doubt this.

I got the impression he was asking for the minimum upgrades required for running hybrids, at stockish boost levels the 440s should suffice?

Off topic - is heckler using an safc? I need to up to 550s at some point.

I using an E-Manage with 550's/fuel pump/fse

:D

Yes, it did, but that was a j-spec running 550's at 440 duty cycles, so it would. This is a UK spec which is running 550's at 550 duty cycles, although of course you will be putting a denser air charge in so who knows if the stock map can compensate for it. Run hybrids with no other changes at you rown risk :) Oh, and a UK pump will easily be up to the task as long as it's running OK.

-Ian