The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Strut Brace

The Hornet

Well I originally bought the Standard Grey TRD one from Envy and sold it to a member on here and bought the Chromed version :D

I have just sold that to another member on here, which is ok but across the two brace's I've lost quite a bit of money.

Not too bothered about that but I do want a strut brace. Problem is, is that I have now fitted a Carbon Fibre bonnet (Top secret) style supplied by Chris @ Hyper performance. Looks fantastic and the quality is superb - Thanks Chris.

I love the Chromed TRD one, but the bonnet wouldn't shut with it on :(

Does any one know of a Strut brace that will fit with my bonnet ?

Hornet

You could try the Cusco carbon fibre strut brace it has a flat section alu/carbon fibre section. I got one for Terminator a few months ago, perhaps he can post some photos and measure clearance for you.

If you want delivered prices for any of the Cusco range drop me pm.

Bump, can you post pics, and Nic, where you get it from/how much please?!

Rob, I've literally just received prices for the Cusco braces 2 minutes ago from my supplier. Ive also got final prices on the other stuff you were asking about, I'll email once I've worked out delivered costs..

Well I originally bought the Standard Grey TRD one from Envy and sold it to a member on here and bought the Chromed version :D

I have just sold that to another member on here, which is ok but across the two brace's I've lost quite a bit of money.

Not too bothered about that but I do want a strut brace. Problem is, is that I have now fitted a Carbon Fibre bonnet (Top secret) style supplied by Chris @ Hyper performance. Looks fantastic and the quality is superb - Thanks Chris.

I love the Chromed TRD one, but the bonnet wouldn't shut with it on :(

Does any one know of a Strut brace that will fit with my bonnet ?

Hornet

I'll swap you my cusco (not carbon though) for your TRD one ;);)

:scare:

Looks good fitted T :thumbs:

This was sourced from here, it is a Cusco alu/cf brace, seemed very stiff, relatively light and well made. I can get these or the all aluminium braces (front or rear) for good price here, drop me a pm if you want price.

The CF bar is very light. I weighed the bits before I put it on, but lost the figures. But I do remember that the bar weighed less than one strut mount. The whole lot is very light and very strong. I am not into bling so the CF finish is fine. It sits very low over the engine so may be good for AM bonnets, but I can still get to coils and plugs out without removing it.

I like cornering;) my CF front bar had made this even more fun.

I will take some new pictures of me Supra with the CF bonnet on, just need to find time to clean the car first :D been really busy and riding me Bike at the moment. Will try to clean it on Saturday and post some new piccies.

Terminator, that brace does indeed look very nice and would sit nicely in my bay :D I too like the handling much more with a brace on which is why i want another one that fits.

The one you have should be ok I think, I will check at weekend and see where the vents in the bonnet drop low and where your brace sits etc.

Nic, can you PM price please unless Term wants me to buy his for £20 hehe j/k mate.

Hornet