The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Saxo Exhaust

C5 SUP

Just had to have my girlfriends full exhaust system replaced on her 1.1 (Beast) Saxo as the original was rusting to bits from the down pipe to the back box. The guy who fitted it warned me that it would sound a bit 'raspy' for the first hundred miles or so. That is a complete understatement the car sounds aweful. Just wondering if anyone knows if it should sound 'raspy' or is he tellin porky's. I have been using it instead of the Supe to go to work in to rack some miles up and see if things improve to no avail. I would have thought that if the full system was new it would have sounded like it did when she bought it from new.

Any thoughts??

Cheers

Chris

Was it replaced with an OEM system from Citroen or what I call " quick fit " system ie borla and the like . Most of the copy makes will have a different sound to the OEM and take a while to bed in. A replacement ( non OEM) will never sound as per the original but should not be that far off.

Not sure will have to have a look at the reciept again. It wasn't done at a Citroen garage, a place called Savoy Tyres... bit like a quick fit type of place.

If it doesn't get better in the next few weeks I will have to take it in again.

Thanks for the reply.