The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wannabe Supra Owner

ivan

Stupid Question but...

The width of a Mk IV is supposedly 71.3" - but is this with or without the wing mirrors?

I want to know if I have to angle-grind my gateposts off when I buy one!

Thanks all. Great site - I'll browse and learn before I start looking in earnest. :)

Ivan

Thanks Paul.

In a similarly induced moment (but with brandy) I've just measured the gap...

79". Close, but it'll fit. :) :)

(managed to get a Maser CambioCorsa in once - and a few other company cars)

Cheers. :thanks:

Thanks Paul.

In a similarly induced moment (but with brandy) I've just measured the gap...

79". Close, but it'll fit. :) :)

(managed to get a Maser CambioCorsa in once - and a few other company cars)

Cheers. :thanks:

Ivan your missing an opportunity hear mate, have more brandy and then stagger out with the angle grinder, it'll probably end in tears but should be good fun, let us know how you get on :stupid:

Wing mirrors clear the sides of the garage door by about 1/2 inch either side and have about 2 inches front and back when I close the garage door.

However, I had to pay the council to reduce the angle of the slope accross the footpath and down to the road as the middle of the exhaust was catching every time I drove in or out! :giveup:

Ivan where bouts in Dorset you from?

could this be another one to clan of Bournemouth and poole peeps (there bout 25 of us who on here float about!)

I'm from Poole :D (well, Parkstone really, right near Sea View)

At the moment I'm in a kitted red MX6 but looking to move onwards and upwards... :rolleyes:

I don't suppose one of the 25 is a young lady in a dark red one - works in the Wimborne area? We used to have a bit of fun now and then one the way home from work... :)

At the moment I'm in a kitted red MX6 but looking to move onwards and upwards... :rolleyes:

I don't suppose one of the 25 is a young lady in a dark red one - works in the Wimborne area? We used to have a bit of fun now and then one the way home from work... :)

I dont think ive seen your MX6, then again i may of...but u were probably in rear view mirror :D :ecstatic:

i actually live in poole too, up by Darby's corner. hmm i dont know of a young lady who drives a red one. A lady did use to drive a red one but got rid of it bout 6 months ago i think

• 2 weeks later...

That would have been my ex wife in the old car that tdaxgav now has i am guessing. You say you are up at the sea view then I have no doubt that you have seen my newer motor which is a black TT aero, if you haven't seen it you will have heard it lol. I'm down off churchill road.

You say you are up at the sea view then I have no doubt that you have seen my newer motor which is a black TT aero, if you haven't seen it you will have heard it lol. I'm down off churchill road.
I'm pretty certain I have - my brother lives opposite the off license there so I'm often down that way.

If your car doesn't fit...make space!

My mum had this parking space built so we all had space to park our cars!

http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~jamesg/albums/chrispics/IMG_2176.sized.jpg

http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~jamesg/albums/chrispics/122_2201_IMG.sized.jpg

http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~jamesg/albums/chrispics/123_2366_IMG.sized.jpg

Can I borrow your Mum please James? :)

Seriously though, i've got the room - just not the width to get in there. Hell, it's a tight enough fit for the MX6:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ken.holland/images/SpoilerRear.jpg