The mkiv Supra Owners Club

technical documents

Guest WRC

Hello, i will in next week take the trip to england, and pick up my new supra, a 93 black jap spec.

my question is, does anyone know where i can get all the technical information about this kind of car?? i need this to get the car registred and road legal here in Norway.

the document need to have information about, hp, weight, brakes, weight pr axel, and so on. in germany they have TUV dokument or ECE dokument, but they dont have to a japanese car, so i must get the information somewhere else from.

Toyota in Norway could not help me.

this dokument should come from the manufacter or something like that, and cant be a copy.

im of course willing to pay to get this.

Hope you understand what im afther, and understand my bad english

regards

Vebjorn

I had to do the same when I imported a Kawasaki ZXR250. The only bit of information i really needed was the year manufactured but it came with a lot of the information you need. I approached Kawasaki UK who in turn contacted Kawasaki Japan who then sent an official letter and specs to me to allow registration. So if you could maybe contact Toyota Japan you could get something similar. I think it cost me about £60, it was a few years ago though.

I have this letter in german for my jspec that I brought over here to germany. But dont bother there isnt anything in there of value most just states "must be checked". So in the end I just told them its the same as the german car and registrations went fine over here.

The case is that, the car has to go thru a test, and the people there must have all the technical information on the car, so they can see if the car is legal to use in the country. because they dont have any dokuments on the car, i have to bring that with me to the car inspection. i should had a TUV dokument from germany, with my cars chassienumber on, and with the right poweroutput of the japspec.280 hp.

maby D3xt3r know somebody that have contcts in TUV, Dekra, that could make me an tuv dokument.with info from a german car, but changed the power from 330 to 280?? just asking ;-)

280kw will not be so smart in my papers. i have to pay taxes for weight,cc, kw and so on when importing the supra to noraway. the taxes on a 93 tt jspec(280hp) is more than what i pay for the car.