The mkiv Supra Owners Club

paint opinions

GeordieSteve

"YAY" or "NAY" to purple/black flip  

47 members have voted

1. 1. "YAY" or "NAY" to purple/black flip

• YAY
    • NAY

I ALMOST went with that colour.. Its the original Do-Luck colour so its been done before as I guess you know...

I did not go with it in the end because matching it is a bloody nightmare... You have to get the paint exact on and once it cures its hard to match up well..

Beleive me I dont care what body shop is doing it its a hard one to get perfect and I went through A LOT of different choices..

Thisis the only reason I did not go with this colour. :innocent:

• 1 month later...
Guest Alex B

Have you had this done yet?

I assume you're talking about a pearl/Kandy rather than a flip, (flips go through about 3-5 colours, none of them being black, and the Do-Luck colour looks more like a Kandy), I reckon it'd look really nice.

If it is a pearl or kandy, it is possible to match, we've blended in kandys a few times, it is very difficult and you can't rely on it being possible. Also, there are very few people in this country that are capable of doing it and its not a paint I'd trust with a normal body shop.

Alex B

Guest Alex B
yes definately. Although you won't really notice it will you unless you are very close up? Mine has a green flip paint, and you can't see it unless you have your forehead on the bodywork! :D

Won't see what unless you're very close?

Alex B