The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sad sad day!

Patrick_Devlin

I havent read the article (nor do I intend to), but what saddened me was that a once relatively exclusive car like the Supra is now being touted around in a magazine such as this, with the chav audience that it attracts... The more muppets that get hold of supras the more they'll stack them and our premiums will go up, not to mention a growing stigma that'll inevitably follow such increased chavvy popularity...

I havent read the article (nor do I intend to), but what saddened me was that a once relatively exclusive car like the Supra is now being touted around in a magazine such as this, with the chav audience that it attracts... The more muppets that get hold of supras the more they'll stack them and our premiums will go up, not to mention a growing stigma that'll inevitably follow such increased chavvy popularity...

I think about this, it worries me too.....but at the end of the day those types of people would'nt be able to afford the insurance on a supra or keep the thing on the road.....and with there lack of knowledge would have the car blown up within a week so I woul'nt worry

Sure Supras have been featured for a long time but I notice the balance has shifted from "wow look at this 1000bhp monster in Japan, it's modified with all the right bits" to "Aww man luk at dis mentawl lime greenz and yewwow Supraz wiv da bling bling and de dumper valve, has many sticker so must be wewl fadt innit"

Face it Supras are cheap now and you don't have to be young and poor to lack taste - it's inevitable that more and more pieces of crap will appear on our streets but with it will also come a following for piece of crap Supras, you can't hold on to the prestige of a £40k Japanese supercar when they only cost £5k thanks to the overimportation (if that's not a word I claim it as my own) in the past few years.

Supras still turn heads and still go very fast while looking great - plenty of people on here have modded the looks to their own tastes, some for the better, some for the worse.... you live with it or sell up and move on in the hope that your next car doesn't suffer the same fate.

Sure Supras have been featured for a long time but I notice the balance has shifted from "wow look at this 1000bhp monster in Japan, it's modified with all the right bits" to "Aww man luk at dis mentawl lime greenz and yewwow Supraz wiv da bling bling and de dumper valve, has many sticker so must be wewl fadt innit"

Face it Supras are cheap now and you don't have to be young and poor to lack taste - it's inevitable that more and more pieces of crap will appear on our streets but with it will also come a following for piece of crap Supras, you can't hold on to the prestige of a £40k Japanese supercar when they only cost £5k thanks to the overimportation (if that's not a word I claim it as my own) in the past few years.

Supras still turn heads and still go very fast while looking great - plenty of people on here have modded the looks to their own tastes, some for the better, some for the worse.... you live with it or sell up and move on in the hope that your next car doesn't suffer the same fate.

by this time we will be picking up mark v supras and we will see mkiv going cheap on ebay just like the mkiii.

you live with it or sell up and move on in the hope that your next car doesn't suffer the same fate.

I agree with you Mike... I liked the exclusivity of it 3 or 4 years ago when I bought mine. Question now is, do I keep or sell? and then what do I get???

I could start a retro trend in xr2 or xr3 (if there are any still running!!!)

First time i saw a supra, i wanted one. Did it matter i was only 15!! no.

The Toyota Supra is a Super Car by anyones standards, and it will attract all types of people, and i for one think this is a good thing!! the more people that have supra's the more demand for parts and a greater demand for tuning companys to produce more products and aftermarket parts.

by this time we will be picking up mark v supras and we will see mkiv going cheap on ebay just like the mkiii.

I took me along time to find the right supra for me, and I can tell you this. It will be a very cold day in hell before i sell my supra, or either i die or it dies.

:nana: :nana: LONG LIVE THE MKIV :nana: :nana:

the worrying thing is that if they pick up UK Specs, insurance is cheap! mine with no years NCB and 22 years old was a grand - same as what a renault 5 turbo was, cheaper than a golf, rs turbo etc. BUT i'm trying not to care what the chavs do, it's gonna happen and you can't stop it. hopefully they will chav up their supras so much that no one will recognise what car's underneath!

How do you know this? Do you buy the magazines?

Then you're part of the problem!! :D

How do you know this? Do you buy the magazines?

Then you're part of the problem!! :D

I have a few copies of Max Power from it's earlier days, pre naked wenches and bullsh1t. I also buy various crap magazines if there is a decent Supra feature in it so that I can scan it in for my growing archive but I stopped with Max Power a couple of years back as the standard dropped way under my threshold.

'is NOW being' Fast and Furious came out early 2001! and what was the main car in that film??? Think you will find its a Supra. As for selling a car because its on max power, bit of a stupid comment. Tell me a car that hasnt been in max power!? Ive seen 'maxxed' (think thats the term) ferraris and porsches... better not get 1 of them now then... bloody cav cars???

'is NOW being' Fast and Furious came out early 2001! and what was the main car in that film??? Think you will find its a Supra. As for selling a car because its on max power, bit of a stupid comment. Tell me a car that hasnt been in max power!? Ive seen 'maxxed' (think thats the term) ferraris and porsches... better not get 1 of them now then... bloody cav cars???

My perrogative to sell, old bean... :innocent:

I think you'll find that my comment regarding selling was made with tongue firmly in cheek (the missing smiley obviously caused you some trouble!)

:cool: