The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help Please

chris aka fonz

its most likely one of the induction hoses that run from the intercooler to throttle body. have a look from the top between the fan and rad to see if one has come off, might be hard to notice as they just pull away slightly. same thing has happened to me on two different supras now at speeds. :(

How much petrol did you/do you have in the tank? I was racing a Griffith once, when on low fuel (like real low), when something happened like running in to the 112mph limiter (mine is delimited), just wouldn't pull over 4000rpm.

Had to stop at a petrol station anyway, filled up, found a large stretch and gunned it, revved clean in 3rd (auto) till well over 6k.

I'm not saying this is the cause of your problem, but is it worth thinking about???

Check the small hoses feeding your actuators at the top rear left above the turbo pipework.

If one of these has come loose they can have various effects from loss of boost pressure (varying) to non activation of turbo 2.

Ive had these pop off regularly over the last year or so, i have now secured with small cable ties.

Hope this made some sense?

Dave :Pling:

How much petrol did you/do you have in the tank? I was racing a Griffith once, when on low fuel (like real low), when something happened like running in to the 112mph limiter (mine is delimited), just wouldn't pull over 4000rpm.

Had to stop at a petrol station anyway, filled up, found a large stretch and gunned it, revved clean in 3rd (auto) till well over 6k.

I'm not saying this is the cause of your problem, but is it worth thinking about???

I had this problem once on mine, fuel warning light had just come on and it felt like the 2nd turbo wasn't blowing. Filled it up and it was fine. Is there some kind of safety fitted to stop the engine funning too lean?

I had this problem once on mine, fuel warning light had just come on and it felt like the 2nd turbo wasn't blowing. Filled it up and it was fine. Is there some kind of safety fitted to stop the engine funning too lean?

I've had the same thing aswell. At first you can't help but think your second turbo has gone. One positive side to this is once you've filled the car up all is ok and your real relieved-completely forgetting about the £60 you just had to shell out! :p