The mkiv Supra Owners Club

oem hid fitting

lovatt

as its bank holiday weekend i decided to say off the :friday: (untill tonight ;) ) and finish my hid project am in the proces of fitting range rover (latest shape) hid projectors to my supra,

i have the projecotrs fitted, but i need help with wiring up the range rover loom to my supra loom,

i know yellow is live and brown is earth but there are other wires on the range rover loom, i think most of them are for the leveling sytem that i wont be using, anybody have a wiring diagram or can be of any help to me ?

i hooked it all up to a charged battery away from my car and put the thick yellow wire on live and the thick brown wire on earth, nothing happened, i then twisted the thin yellow wire to the thick yellow wire and tried again, nothing happened

anybody electronic guys out there any ideas ?

looks like a large ball ache mate, why not just buy after market stuff, just done mine, head lights and fog lights, it looks the tits too !!!

You'll get better results with oem projectors, the electrics last longer, no glare and sharper cut-off! ;)

sorry to hijeck this thread but I got a question!!

I had after market HID installed and I notice behind the lense there is 2 piece of metal which forms a slit where the HID beam shine through. Can't we make the slit bigger so there is more light beam forward? the slit is only 1.5 cm wide and it sit right behind the lense which I think it blocks of at least 50% of the light the bulb produce.

China

sorry to hijeck this thread but I got a question!!

I had after market HID installed and I notice behind the lense there is 2 piece of metal which forms a slit where the HID beam shine through. Can't we make the slit bigger so there is more light beam forward? the slit is only 1.5 cm wide and it sit right behind the lense which I think it blocks of at least 50% of the light the bulb produce.

China

I think the smaller piece of metal is there to stop glare for oncoming road users, the other piece is to give you the sharp cut-off.

Removing one or both would give you more light but might not be so good for oncoming vehicles! ;)

:yeahthat: and the fact it will cost me £0.00 :D where is your sense of adventure :eyebrows:

Liam, seeing you work in a body shop - any chance you could get hold of a Honda S2000 headlamp for my project? :eyebrows: :D

The wiring you've got on the Range Rover headlamps seem too complicated for you're needs.

If you're not going to use the self levelling and turning around corners why don't you get some simple ballasts that are used for the single xenon normal HID lights.

They would work fine on yours as they all use the D2S bulb. I got mine from a lexus LS430 and the ballast is very simple with just the pos and neg. :)

merckx i will keep my eyes open for a pair of any hids for you mate

just to add there all up and running now, ill post pics as soon as i get some dark to use them in :eyebrows:

Looking forward to seeing your pics. :)

I've got one S2000 headlight, just need one more. I've already got the fitting figured out so it would have to be another one the same.

Cheers Lovatt

i tried them in the car today and the light output is amazing, only little niggle is there is a shadow in the middle of the beam, i have worked out that it must be the bar in the back of the supra projector, its the top bar inside the projector

i am going to split the lights again and cut this bar out, not a clue why it is in there as the range rover lights only had the bottom cut off, if it all goes wrong i have some spare supra projector lenses anyway

• 11 months later...