The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Elephants SUCK

penguin

Just had my renewal quote through...... last year i paid £2210 .... this year with 5yrs ncb its £2219 :soap: :twak: :angry: :mad: :swear: :bang: and the bloke said there was "no reason as to why its gone up...." WHAT THE FLUCK...... anyway, now looking for another insurance place.... does anyone know if norwhich union do import cars?? i'm sure i've read someplace on here some companies insure jspec cars the same as import ones (if your over 25).... and when i mentioned this to ElephantSUCKS they said "no...." OH, and im going to claim for flucked up windscreen on the supra to pi$$ on their bonfire

Im with elephant at the mo and renewal date is september, im a bit worried as well cos everyone else who is insured with them that i know, have had their quote through for a second year and most of em have been more than first year. If it goes up by much im gonna be struggling with buying a house at the mo. Unfortunately with being only 23 im limited to who will insure me (in fact when shopping round last year, elephant were the only ones who would do). Fingers crossed it hasnt gone up by much.

Mate, give A-Plan a call on 08450 71 12 34, they quoted me the same price for a UK or j-spec and it was very competitive, they also allow a few basic mods. Heard that the club insurer, SKY, are also quite good

Hope this helps,

Christian

Crikey are you 12?!?!?!? Elephant only charge me £1200 a year at 23 with 3 years NCB.

They mucked me about as well... get another quote from them online. My online quote was £500 cheaper than my renewal. I phoned up and told them to cancel my policy and I'd take it out again saving me £500 and causing them more paperwork... they fixed it over the phone :D

Crikey are you 12?!?!?!? Elephant only charge me £1200 a year at 23 with 3 years NCB.

They mucked me about as well... get another quote from them online. My online quote was £500 cheaper than my renewal. I phoned up and told them to cancel my policy and I'd take it out again saving me £500 and causing them more paperwork... they fixed it over the phone :D

Thats quite a bit cheaper than mine... I was 22 when took out policy, 5yrs NCB but 3 points for yellow light offence mine is 1600 a year. Have you any points (if you dont mind me asking) cos £400 extra for 3 points sounds excessive, especially as ive 2 extra yrs NCB.

That's just crazy. Gerodiesteve, is that for the FI?? Elephant have a natsy habit of quoting MKIV's as MKIII's.

I make sure I check the forms coz at first they quoted me about £500 and it turned out to be for the mkiii. They changed it for me and my paperwork says something like TOYOTA SUPRA MKIV TWIN TURBO [iMPORT]. If anything goes wrong I can't see them being able to stand up in court against that paperwork

sky are well better than anyone ive ever been insured with, and for them to quote you that does make sence (might have something to do with the fact they are the club insurer)

PM motley and find out who she is insured with - can't remember now but they were better than sky on a Jap NA car she was also interested in keeping the excess low !!!! They have great glass cover too :ecstatic:

Rangh alot of companies cant really remember which said what ... but i sware they just said ... 'no we cant quote you'

better try again! :woot: (duno what woot means)

I'm 23 with 5 yrs no claims and 5 points on an SP30, Tesco wouldnt quote me as i was under 25, although i used them with the scooby quite happily. A-Plan quoted about £920 for a J-Spec or UK with basic exhaust and air filter mods. I think SKY were only slightly more than this.

:)

This will make you feel better - I'm with Adrian Flux and renewed yesterday, £604 fully comp with all mods declared :)

(They actually wanted £740 but reduced it when I complained)

Sometimes losing a bit of hair and approaching 30 has it's benefits :)