The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cheers!!!!!!!

secondjump

Many of you might recall that I had serious smoke issues with the car before Christmas - well this is the full tale.

After getting the ettc mod fitted to my car I went on to hit over 1.5 bar on the M25 returning home (no restrictor ring coupled with the surge of two turbo’s coming on line at the same time), consequently the dreaded blue/white smoke would appear after coming off boost. I put up with it for a week or so pretending it would all go away (normal reaction I suppose with the thought of having to spend large amounts of money), then decided to ask those that would know to help me diagnose exactly what’s going on with the car and then I could look at my options.

I spoke to Terry (Vortex) explained my problem, and give the guy his due he really went through all the little tests that I could perform before condemning the turbo’s and then left me to think about what I wanted to do. Being a tight-wad i really looked into my options, looking for a bang for buck package and I mean going to loads of traders, some on here and some not, asked questions and priced up parts. It was a close call between Dusty (good prices at the time) and Vortex (price was close but the package looked better and ideal for what I wanted -street use).Vortex got the vote.

Mig(Vortex) dealt with my purchase in a smooth and easy manner and even hand delivered the goodies once they were all checked and sorted. Then for the next four and a half months this guy really put out for me - on many occasions whilst climbing over the car Mig would be on the end of the phone yapping out tips, instructions and ideas which has greatly contributed to giving the car that neat install look, hell!! the guy even pulled the HKS bov off his own car and welded it to an intercooler pipe for me, to help me out on the quick – thanks mate! (must also thank heckler again for his spanner contribution – thanks bud!).

Finally the mapping – after a change of plan from apexi gubbins to e-manage, there is truly one person who I would whole heartily endorse and trust to map a car on e-manage -Ian C. The man is a joy to map a car with, explains exactly what he is doing, what’s going on and what is required of me to help him achieve the right result – top man!!

To end the tale, the car feels mental fast, drives like stock in traffic and I have fallen back in love with her – cheers VORTEX. :thanks:

That's great. Sounds like it's working really well too.

What did you go for, the BL61 budget single and 650 PE injectors?

Edit: Nevermind, just noticed your sig!

Thanks Jake.

Well i'm still in shock with the change of speed, and just getting to grips with the car all over again - so far she feels awesome.

:kneel: to the Vortex boys. :clap:

Haha you should have been there when Dave nailed it in 2nd properly for the first time, a bout of tourettes followed by adrenaline giggles :D It made my head go funny as well, and that hasn't happened for quite a while! It's a strong setup, we got positive pressure at 2000rpm in 3rd :eek:

Thanks for the kind words dude :)

-Ian