The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who would you recommend??

1 Adam

Hi,

After establishing what route to go down building my ideal supe (Aero TT 6sp), i've decided to go with option 2 and buy a Auto Aerotop TT and have the gearbox changed to manual.

The next question is........who would you recommend to carry out this work?? I know Dude's pretty hot with a supe, but with him being away kinda leaves me in the darkness? Im also looking for pricing on a Lambo door convertion.

Many thanks

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cost a lot!!

clutch and tune was on its way for £2000 with bits.

we were charged for £20 fuel on dyno.fair if it worked.

chunk out of wheel which they denied.

car would not tick over when we got it back,they never changed the air filter!!!!ie set up tuned with a blocked one.

They had it for two weeks doing this and when we picked it up it was not running,they said it just stopped and they could not fix it as other cars were booked!!we said we would be back after breakfast and wanted it.

we returned and they said there you go we wont charge you for that.

We have asked for our car to be removed from the tdi site and they ignore us!!

I ordered a polished cam cover as they were the only ones doing a complete set,spit spit,they never sent it they now dont like us

We have removed every bit of there work as the wiring was done with scotch locks.

shame could have been a good company.

I never here a lot of people on here use them ,i wonder why!!

D.

PS this is the first time i have said anything but people who know me know what i think of them.

Thanks for the advice Darren. I've had many a nightmare when it comes to garages. I still haven't found one I would genuinely recommend to anyone! :shrug:

My next supe is going to be my pride and joy, I swear not to leave it with anyone I don't trust! :no:

Adam, I know you had that other thread where you were talking about how to do this mod and I can't remember what options you had in that, but if you're gonna spend £10,000 on an Aero TT would it be cheaper to find a N/A Aerotop (£6000?), swap the body over to your TT, then bung a 6 speed gearbox onto your current car? (which I assume is an auto?)

This assumes you actually have a TT at the moment of course.

i second what Aerotop Dave says...i gave up after 4 months. i now wonder if the Aerotops even go through the auctions, because in all the time me and Jurgen looked we didnt find one....guess we will never find out

i so wanted to get an aero and do what you are doing, but im very very happy with the car i have now!

Adam - we are only a few miles up the road from you at Basingstoke - if you would like to discuss this work will be happy to go through it with you!

:)

Thanks Paul, I've got all of your details, when im closer to doing something i'll be in touch.

Adam, I know you had that other thread where you were talking about how to do this mod and I can't remember what options you had in that, but if you're gonna spend £10,000 on an Aero TT would it be cheaper to find a N/A Aerotop (£6000?), swap the body over to your TT, then bung a 6 speed gearbox onto your current car? (which I assume is an auto?)

This assumes you actually have a TT at the moment of course.

Sounds interesting but unfortunately im Supraless at the moment. I was informed on the other thread that converting a N/A Aerotop would be too much work. Im not to keen on turbo charging a N/A lump for many reasons so aswell as changing the engine and gearbox i'd be required to change the diff, wiring loom, ECU etc etc. It all sounds like a bit of a nightmare!

It's going to be a challenge finding the right TT Aerotop but im going to make it my top priority. Surely in the worst case scenerio you could contact a agent to import one from Japland?