The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear plate - where to buy????????

merckx

Didn't realise there was a big feckin hole behind the rear plate on my J spec car. :omg:

I need to get a plate 172mm high by 520mm wide to cover it.

I've tried everywhere including http://www.Fancyplates.com, done a search on here and the net with no luck.

The max height fancyplates do is 152mm, like most places they don't do custom sizes!:shrug:

Any help appreciated! :)

This is an oddity about fancyplates' site... which cost me £18 :thumbdown

I wanted a standard plate - no fancy text or anything - so I chose their 'standard' option. Unfortunately it only goes up to a certain size, so I ordered that. Only when it arrived did I find out that it wasn't big enough.

What you need to do is to order a 'fancyplate' and then choose the 'standard' option within that. It's an odd way of doing it in that their site looks like you can either have 'standard' plates that are standard text, or a 'fancyplate' with fancy text. But if you want standard text but a non-standard size you have to choose a 'fancyplate'.

So try going through the 'fancyplate' option but choose standard text - I can't remember where but somewhere during the ordering process it lets you choose the exact size you want.

I got mine done by fancyplates a couple of weeks ago & it covers the whole lot.

Although the website said they only went up to a certain size, I put in a larger measurement and it came out fine.

So annoying , I ordered one from fancyplates which was 152mm high and it came in the post today- thought it was big enough.

On their website it says you can get get the plates reduced in size from the list you can pick from. Didn't I think it was possible to get a larger one ,might give them another go - cheers Elliot

This is an oddity about fancyplates' site... which cost me £18 :thumbdown

I wanted a standard plate - no fancy text or anything - so I chose their 'standard' option. Unfortunately it only goes up to a certain size, so I ordered that. Only when it arrived did I find out that it wasn't big enough.

What you need to do is to order a 'fancyplate' and then choose the 'standard' option within that. It's an odd way of doing it in that their site looks like you can either have 'standard' plates that are standard text, or a 'fancyplate' with fancy text. But if you want standard text but a non-standard size you have to choose a 'fancyplate'.

So try going through the 'fancyplate' option but choose standard text - I can't remember where but somewhere during the ordering process it lets you choose the exact size you want.

Thanks Dave, I'll have another look!

£18 wasted for me aswell! :mad:

I'm waiting for my fancyplates, um 'fancy' number plates. They dont seem to have arrived yet and its been a while... but I did order one at 170 mm high, so hopefully that will work just fine when it gets here.

I waited 2 weeks for mine, they rang me up 4 days after I placed the order to say they had problems with their server. They had received the money but I had to re-order the plate design.

It says this on their website now:

FANCYPLATES CLOSED TO NEW ORDERS!!!

Orders suspended while we work to clear backlog.

Tuesday 23rd May 2005

Our online plate constructor software is fully operational but due to a high number of orders, it has led to us being unable to maintain our next day delivery promise.

Orders will start to be taken as soon as the backlog is cleared, we hope to begin accepting orders on Monday morning 30th May for delivery on Tuesday/Wednesday.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Fancy Plates.

I'll have to order another 170mm high next week, hope your's is okay! :)

I tried GT Grafix and there plates are rubbish, they are dull as if they have been aged or had a caustic substance on them, would not go to them again!

Check out your local Grafix company, which most of them can do plates of different sizes, best thing is most do not ask for the V5 etc.

:stickpoke

• 4 weeks later...

I had a 300mm x 75mm "tiny" plate on too. Until 2 female traffic cops decided to pick on me.

Fluttered my eyelids like mad but still got an instant £30 fine and a producer. :(

I've found FancyPlates and GTGrafix to be just fine.