The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stone Chips? Fix or spray?

scooby_doo_do

I'm a little bit confused in what to do.. I've had the car nearly 5 years and its got quite a few stone chips on the bonnet, and a few elsewhere. Still looks ok, but i notice it and it annoys me..

I've been told i can get them "touched up" but it won't look great because silver always shows up when a chip has been covered up..(What the chap said) Or he mentioned a bodyshop round the corner would prob respray the front end for £200..

I don't know what to do...

Do i leave them and keep noticing them and get annoyed..

Do i call in Chips away lol..

Do i respray the front end..

Do i get a non-standard front bumper and get the lot resprayed?

Trying to find some rought costs as well....

Thanks.

My experience of Chips Away is that they can mask the chip fairly well. Is good if it's gone to the metal to prevent rust (obviously not on plastic bumper or alu bonnet)

However, even the local Chips Away fella said they were mental calling it that cos the chips don't just "go away" - they'll always be noticable.

Depends also on how much your paintwork has been looked after... if you put fresh colour coded paint next to your faded body it'll stick out like a sore thumb.

if you put fresh colour coded paint next to your faded body it'll stick out like a sore thumb.

I just got my bonnet painted only, you just need to cut back the surrounding paintwork with some t-cut and give it a nice polish!