BOV and UK's

ardasaliah

UK's with atmosphere BOVs- any problems with this set up  

4 members have voted

1. 1. UK's with atmosphere BOVs- any problems with this set up

• No problems
    • Messed up my car Ahhhhh etc
    • some very rare stalling issues

OK- I really want a BOV that goes woooooosh but- I have been reading (recently) about the venting to atmosphere problem created on UK spec cars with a MAF. Just want to set up a poll to see if there really is a problem with stalling etc.

The main concern is running lean when the BOV vents, this you're not going to know unless you have a wide band O2 sensor attached. If it was my car I would rather know my engine was running safely, than have the woosh.

You also have the problem of it stalling on throttle lift off. This is a major pain on an auto and a regular pain on a manual.

Not all UK's stall it would seem. I also think it goes rich rather than lean as the engine fuels for the air that has been metered and is expected but doesnt get as its been blown out to atmo.

You could try disconecting the NON pressured side of your stock bov and see what effect it has. This is essentially the same as an after market bov in operation.