The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Registration plates on veilside front bumpers

Dino V

I'm thinking of ways round this issue, as you can see it sort of covers the large intake are at the centre front of the bumper (see pic)

Maybe a side mounted one like on my old CRX (again see pic) would it fit ok with the indicator and with the steep incline of the bumper?

Just wandering what other people had done, dont fancy a sticker if i can help it!

crx.jpg

front.JPG

Check out the dvla website on registration plate regulations on imported vehicles. If you have an J-spec there are different rules for number plate letter sizes. Basically you can get away with a plate about 2/3 the size of a standard uk plate (maybe smaller, depending on your reg). thats what i've got, mounted vertically. Great fun argueing with the old bill - none of whom have the first idea what the regs are!!!

I'm thinking of ways round this issue, as you can see it sort of covers the large intake are at the centre front of the bumper (see pic)

Maybe a side mounted one like on my old CRX (again see pic) would it fit ok with the indicator and with the steep incline of the bumper?

Just wandering what other people had done, dont fancy a sticker if i can help it!

Yeah , get a proper bumper!

The car will look so much better!:nyah:

Check out the dvla website on registration plate regulations on imported vehicles. If you have an J-spec there are different rules for number plate letter sizes. Basically you can get away with a plate about 2/3 the size of a standard uk plate (maybe smaller, depending on your reg). thats what i've got, mounted vertically. Great fun argueing with the old bill - none of whom have the first idea what the regs are!!!

This is an odd one. It says something about being able to do that if the design of the car is such that you can't physically fit a UK plate and if it's not got an import spec sheet (which the supe has) or something like that. Still, it's worth a go :D

This is an odd one. It says something about being able to do that if the design of the car is such that you can't physically fit a UK plate and if it's not got an import spec sheet (which the supe has) or something like that. Still, it's worth a go :D

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/regmarks/reg_marks_current_requirements.htm#import

Although the supe was a uk vehicle, if you own a J-spec then it is not european type approved, hence the need for an SVA test, so I think this would stand up in court. Has anyone put this to the test yet?

Hang in space in front of intercooler on hinge frame very light spring.

when stoped it will hang,and when driving it will flap up giving the intercooler more air.

Best of both.

when the copper sees it their isnt one ,but when you get pulled its hanging down!!

D.

That's a good idea, I'm sure someone could make one that worked, maybe a trader can sort something out would be a good product for the forum and other car owners sites I'm sure.