The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Introducing a Newbie!

Dino V

Hi all,

I'm Dino and i'm now doin' Grazer's ex! :clap:

I sold my 300 BHP MR2 Turbo in April and have been sulking since! i was meant to buy a house with the 8 grand i got for it but i've decided to have 4 more months of fun (this summer!) before i jump in the housing market and end up eating beans on toast for the rest of my life

Anyway, flew all the way from Manchester to Glasgow to buy her!

Great drive home like! but have noticed some hesitation/misfiring recently.

Think it will probably be the sparkies so has anyone got any suggestions? i believe its 402 BHP and 342 RWHP so maybe Denso IK22's or is there something as good for cheaper?

Shit, i forgot i'm gonna need to buy 6 too arent i?!!? :D

Thanks CJ.

Alright Gaz, i see youre in Preston, i'm from Whitefield which is North Manchester near Bury.

Would love to have a mini meet soon and talk Supra! Hopefully when the weather improves!

There's a lot i need to learn, luckily, 'some' engine diagnostics are similar to my old MR2 (see my homepage if youre interested BTW) but i'm lookin forward to learnin!

Michael Canny!? :eek:

I wondered if i'd see you on here! i remember you did the 'natural progression' from MR2 to Supra also!

Good to hear from you again! :thumbs:

Would you agree the plugs are probably what is makin it hesitate? if so which one's would you recommend?

it feels like the air is still sucking into the engine normally but the boost doesnt want to go up full and the engine makes pop-pop-pop noise at low high revs? regardless of where the accelerator is planted? :help:

Cheers fella

Michael Canny!? :eek:

I wondered if i'd see you on here! i remember you did the 'natural progression' from MR2 to Supra also!

Guilty :)

Good to hear from you again! :thumbs:

Likewise, I still go on IMOC a bit but it's not what it used to be.

Would you agree the plugs are probably what is makin it hesitate? if so which one's would you recommend?

Plugs are one of the possibilities, check the hoses are all on and make a note of the boost level when it's happening.

it feels like the air is still sucking into the engine normally but the boost doesnt want to go up full and the engine makes pop-pop-pop noise at low high revs? regardless of where the accelerator is planted? :help:

Buy a set of NGK BCPR7ES as CJ suggested - pop them in and see if it makes a difference, when the time comes to swap them out at the next service you might want to consider some IK24s but the NGKs will be more than up to the job.

• 2 weeks later...