The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Prelude 2.2 VTEC to N/A Supra - Advice?

Guest h22a

Guest h22a

Am I going to notice much difference in performance between my 200 bhp Prelude and a non turbo Supra?

I've been driving Preludes for a couple of years now, on my third (a 4th gen VTEC).

I've seen some autos (not bothered about transmission really) for £5K - is this too little to pay ?

Guest h22a

cool - i don't know how little is too little too pay though! I've seen one on the trader for £4K which sounds a little too cheap...

"L reg. 75000 miles, silver, taxed June 05, MOT Dec. 05, Alpine CD, air con, 1/2 leather, full electrics, elec seats, 17 alloys, stunning car, rear spoiler, absolute bargain at only. £3,995."

cool - i don't know how little is too little too pay though! I've seen one on the trader for £4K which sounds a little too cheap...

"L reg. 75000 miles, silver, taxed June 05, MOT Dec. 05, Alpine CD, air con, 1/2 leather, full electrics, elec seats, 17 alloys, stunning car, rear spoiler, absolute bargain at only. £3,995."

You usually get what you pay for, I would try to view as many as possible first so you get an idea of price vs spec vs condition.

I would also check the classifieds section on here as you'll probably find the best examples from members who have cherished their cars. You should also contract some of the importers and dealers on here who have sourced or sold cars to many members and have their good reputation to uphold. Jurgen (see [user=1689]HERE[/user]) had a very nice NA for sale last week, also contact Paul E at Miami GT and Paul W at Whifbitz who may also be able to help you.

Also have a look in the FAQ sections as there is a thread in there with info for buyers looking for a new Supra. The SEARCH button will also help you find out most info.

Oh and :welcome:

hehehehe, originally I was going to go NA-T, but got my hands on another car, and it was just so much easier..

Since if I stuck with the NA, I would still have the Non-LSD at the back, a weak auto gearbox (yes there is a different between the NA and TT autoboxes).

So I figured it would just be slightly easier to transplant most of the VVTi into my aerotop.

Now, I'm just trying to sort out the emanage quirks that I've got.

Ah well *grin*

Why do you want to buy an NA motor then *grin*

I had the 2.2 non vtec (si) prelude - It had been messed about with in Japan and was a little faster than a Vtec unit - Still my favourite car..ever! Even though i love the TT supra and it's faster. With the prelude you feel every Bhp!

My brother has a 4th gen 2.2 vtec Lude and I've got an NA Supe (SZR). Performance wise the Supe is a little faster, but not hugely; I tended to beat him by 1 or 2 car lengths at Pod. Best thing of course is the Supe is RWD = more fun. Downside is you've got to drive a little more cautiously in non-optimum conditions. I know the Lude is very chuckable.

£4K sounds unbelievably cheap for a mkiv, especially since it's not a '93 (oldest mkiv).

Hope this helps

:looney:

:looney: