The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Carbon Fibre TRD Style Rear Wing

Nic

Visited a company today who make carbon fibre components, including a TRD/RMM style rear wing for the Supra. I haven't seen sample of the wing yet, but apparently it is made entirely in carbon fibre; centre blade and both side pieces, which I have never seen before. I did get to see some samples of other products they make; other wing's, bonnets, etc and the quality is superb, very thick light weight carbon section, rigid construction and with a clean shiney gel coat finish.

I will hopefully get some photos of the TRD wing tomorrow, as well as prices, which should be very good. If there is enough interest I'll organise a group buy on these.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Har bloody har ;) - I know what a TRD wing looks like! I need to see this totally CF one and it's quality.

Okay Alex look at the picture of that wing closely.... now imagine instead of silver side pieces, they are actually black in colour, with a carbon fibre weave pattern, identical to the centre section, now imagine that the quality is twice as good.... well that's what I hope the photos will look like anyway :D

If the price is good I'll order a sample, so I can check the quality and post up detailed photos.

bah not good enough I want a picture taken and then I wasnt to you to photochop it onto a pic of my car! Then only then if you are an expert at phtochopping will I be happy.

OK?

Hope that's clear....now run along at get the job done!

:D ;)

Oh and it needs to be a 100th of the cost of an RMM one :p

bah not good enough I want a picture taken and then I wasnt to you to photochop it onto a pic of my car! Then only then if you are an expert at phtochopping will I be happy.

OK?

Hope that's clear....now run along at get the job done!

:D ;)

Oh and it needs to be a 100th of the cost of an RMM one :p

I am an expert at photochopping, so I could fool you into thinking it was really great quality, when in reality it was made of cardboard :)

I could probably do it for a 100th of the cost of the TRD one, but I'm guessing that would still be expensive ;)

Is there any chance of getting just the carbon insert on its own?

Dave :clap:

I should think so, why ar eyou thinking of swapping the centre section of yours? May have a problem with the bolt holes lining up if this is the case.

I should think so, why ar eyou thinking of swapping the centre section of yours? May have a problem with the bolt holes lining up if this is the case.

Yes am thinking of changing the insert if possible, will need to confirm hole positions, but yes am interested?

Dave :thumbs:

The supplier couldn't find a photo of the rear wing to send me, so I have decided to order one piece so I can check the quality.

I have received prices now which are very good, I have also negotiated a price for a group buy order which is even better. If the quality is good then I will publish delivered prices.

The supplier also does ventilated bonnets for the Supra, they will send me photos and prices for these shortly.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just collected the carbon fibre rear wing I ordered last week. I bought the wing so I could check the quality. All I can say is that I am very impressed with it, the cf section is thick, light weight and very strong. The finish is also perfect, very deep shine with no blemishes.

See photos attached.

PS. I'm going to be advertising this sample in the classifieds section at a very good price for anyone who is interested. I have negotiated a very good price with the supplier and should be able to get some good discount for multiple orders it anyone is interested in a group buy.

CIMG0001.JPG

CIMG0002.JPG

CIMG0003.JPG

CIMG0005.JPG

CIMG0007.JPG

CIMG0009.JPG

CIMG0012.JPG

CIMG0013.JPG

CIMG0014.JPG

CIMG0015.JPG

CIMG0016.JPG

CIMG0018.JPG

CIMG0019.JPG

The supplier of the carbon fibre wing also makes a number of carbon fibre bonnets for the Supra, I will get photographs and prices of these shortly.

They also make carbon fibre Ganador style wing mirrors for the Supra, these are a lot cheaper than the originals but do not include the motorised mirror. I will get prices for all the parts shortly, if anyone is interested then please email me.