The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Air suspension?

tbourner

What's air suspension like then?

I've searched and people on here don't seem to know (so why am I asking!! :innocent: ).

Basically I saw this pic on the ZR forum:

I think it looks pretty cool, and it must be handy when you get to bumpy roads and speed bumps etc.

But what's the handling like?

Can you whop up the psi and stiffen it up or does that just raise it?

My car's pretty low now and I have to be really careful everywhere, it's starting to piss people off behind me who have to wait whenever I get to a bump!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I am gonna try my best to answer your question. My car club has a bunch of minitruckin guys in it and from what I picked up the air suspension system has a few basic components the bags(or cylinders) the valves, and the compressor. I dont really recomend it on any performance oriented vehicle simply because of the weight issue. the compressor is really heavy. However what you give up in weight you gain in adjustability. you can slam it at shows or raise it high for speed bumps. is the setup you are looking at bags or cylinders? I know of a kit for a wrx impreza that has adjustable dampening but not for supras.

I don't know, just asking if it's worth even looking at.

There's speed bumps down my road and at work and I could do with being able to raise it for them, and then lower to the standard hard setting afterwards.

I suppose you could have standard suspension and have air bags that are 'loose' generally, then when you fill them they eventually fill enough to take over from the coilovers and raise the car?