The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I need a bra

Dale B

Dale, I've found some info for the one on mine.

Its made by an american company, Covercraft, they have a european division:-

Covercraft of europe

74 Maltings place

Bagleys Lane

London

SW6 2BY

http://www.covercraft-europe.com

e-mail: [email protected]

Tel: 020 7736 3214

Fax: 020 7384 3800

I haven't verified any of those details or numbers, I've just read them off a label on the box it came in, they may be out of date.

My one isn't custom made, its for a standard supe.

Also try http://www.covercraft.com because if I remember right the bra's are not advertised on the europe site only the american one but that place in london should be able to lay their hands on them from the parent company.

HTH

These stone chips are a dam nusince! I have had to have my front bumper sprayed twice! :mad: I am pretty sure I have seen some cars in the US with them on but I am not sure they will fit the stillen unless you get one custom made.

Kevin

Theyre a b*stard aint they. I was hoping to find a stock one, see what the fit was like and then get it adapted if needed. Nice results at Elvington Kev, I was gonner pop down with Stu and his 2 motors but he decided not to bother. Ill see you run next time.

Dale, I've found some info for the one on mine.

Its made by an american company, Covercraft, they have a european division:-

Covercraft of europe

74 Maltings place

Bagleys Lane

London

SW6 2BY

http://www.covercraft-europe.com

e-mail: [email protected]

Tel: 020 7736 3214

Fax: 020 7384 3800

I haven't verified any of those details or numbers, I've just read them off a label on the box it came in, they may be out of date.

My one isn't custom made, its for a standard supe.

Also try http://www.covercraft.com because if I remember right the bra's are not advertised on the europe site only the american one but that place in london should be able to lay their hands on them from the parent company.

HTH

Cheers Laz, Ill try them out

At work we use stuff called "helicopter tape" it's just a fairly thick tape that you apply to areas that are subject to stone chips.

Where do you get this stuff dude and is it any good?

Stone chips are feking evil and dont stop.

Hey, looks like I've started a trend, soon there'll be a whole bunch of Gimps around :tongue: , pervertion is contagious. :D

Dale, when you get the bra and try to fit it, remember to leave it laying in the sun for a bit first or lay it over a radiator, they really need a bit of warmth in them to make them conform to the shape better. :thumbs:

Hey, looks like I've started a trend, soon there'll be a whole bunch of Gimps around :tongue: , pervertion is contagious. :D

Dale, when you get the bra and try to fit it, remember to leave it laying in the sun for a bit first or lay it over a radiator, they really need a bit of warmth in them to make them conform to the shape better. :thumbs:

Cheers Laz, is that everytime you fit or just the first?

Greenpeace, it was £95 all in. I could have got it from the USA branch for about £75 incl shipping, vat & import tax but couldnt be arsed to wait for the sake of £20

is that everytime you fit or just the first?

The first time it really needed a stretch, but since then I've only really removed it to wash the car (its a daily driver) so its never had any time off the car to shrink or get miss-shapen, when there cold they stiffen up quite a bit.

When you take you're new one out of the box you're gonna find that where they've folded it up to pack it there will be a lot of ridges in it, these will take a couple of hours (after you've put it on) for the sun to warm it up enough to stretch them out.

I fitted mine, left it on the drive for a couple of hours in the sun then went back out and re-tensioned the fastenings to stretch it.

Don't forget to fit the plastic pieces that hold the "peaks" up on the bonnet else as you drive the wind will make the bra flap and that will damage you're paint worst than any stone chip.

Small hyjack

Dale, just been looking in your vB Garage and your write-up say's "Long Beach Blue". I don't suppose you have a paint code and manufacturers name for that do you?

After all, I am being rather helpful with this bra thread aren't I. ;) :D

Cheers Laz, is that everytime you fit or just the first?

Greenpeace, it was £95 all in. I could have got it from the USA branch for about £75 incl shipping, vat & import tax but couldnt be arsed to wait for the sake of £20

Dont blame you paying the extra...for the sake of £20 that aint a bad price...

I'll def get one I think as going off to Sout of France will be ideal for the drive there and back...

Then maybe drop my bra...when I'm there for purpose of 'showing off' he he.

:ecstatic: :D

Small hyjack

Dale, just been looking in your vB Garage and your write-up say's "Long Beach Blue". I don't suppose you have a paint code and manufacturers name for that do you?

After all, I am being rather helpful with this bra thread aren't I. ;) :D

LOL ... its B510P Laz. You thinking of a change?

The first time it really needed a stretch, but since then I've only really removed it to wash the car (its a daily driver) so its never had any time off the car to shrink or get miss-shapen, when there cold they stiffen up quite a bit.

When you take you're new one out of the box you're gonna find that where they've folded it up to pack it there will be a lot of ridges in it, these will take a couple of hours (after you've put it on) for the sun to warm it up enough to stretch them out.

I fitted mine, left it on the drive for a couple of hours in the sun then went back out and re-tensioned the fastenings to stretch it.

Don't forget to fit the plastic pieces that hold the "peaks" up on the bonnet else as you drive the wind will make the bra flap and that will damage you're paint worst than any stone chip.

Im only going to fit my on track days, but when I first get it Ill warm / stretch it on a radiator like you said.