The mkiv Supra Owners Club

suup shocks....?? how much

DBR

Hi all, my front shock is leeking and was just wondering if this is something that needs to be changed asap or can it go on hold for a while...... i want to spend cash elsewere on the car for now!! :p

If it was mine I would get it replaced ASAP. Actually I would personally replace all 4 dampers for new Bilsteins, so you have even damping on each corner.

:Plug: or you could buy the set of shiney HKS Hypermax II's I have for sale [thread=38140]HERE[/thread] :Plug:

Hi all, my front shock is leeking and was just wondering if this is something that needs to be changed asap or can it go on hold for a while...... i want to spend cash elsewere on the car for now!! :p

Get it changed now !!. Faulty / damaged suspension on ANY car should be sorted ASAP, a leaking shock will effect ride quality, handling / stability and braking too. If I remember rightly when I needed a new front shock a few years back it was only about £80, surely for that kind of money it's really not worth leaving.

cheers for the help guys, ill get them changed.... do i really need to change all four or is front two ok? (whats the potential problems)........ im planning on getting toyota ones again..... anybody got any other ideas apart from previously mentioned by nic (which i am looking into)

cheers!!

Replacing the 2 front ones is better than just replacing 1. If you are replacing them I would fit the Bilstein dampers, these were a performance option on some Supras and standard on the later models.

These are the part numbers for the Bilstein dampers:

RH Front Damper - 48510-09016

LH Front Damper - 48520-09016

RH Rear Damper - 48530-09016

LH Rear Damper - 48540-09016

I can get Bilstein a lot cheaper here than they are available in the UK, but the delivery time is 5-8 weeks, so you're probably better to get them there if you need them ASAP.

Get it changed now !!. Faulty / damaged suspension on ANY car should be sorted ASAP, a leaking shock will effect ride quality, handling / stability and braking too. If I remember rightly when I needed a new front shock a few years back it was only about £80, surely for that kind of money it's really not worth leaving.

my rears were £69 + vat each (including 10% 'just ask' discount). I believe fronts are ~£270 each :eek: So somebody on here said, once, anyway..

Do you need to change springs with these?

Are the an upgrade over standard UK setup, as i am looking for an upgrade without ruining the ride quality?

Dave :help:

Are you talking about the HKS Hypermax II's that Nic's selling?

Do you need to change springs with these?

Are the an upgrade over standard UK setup, as i am looking for an upgrade without ruining the ride quality?

Dave :help:

You shouldn't need to change the springs, the Bilstein dampers were a performance upgrade option on the earlier J-spec models and came as standard on the later models. I'm not sure what dampers were fitted to the UK spec, someone else may know?

You have :mail: