The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rays the Roof drifting

Bill Prawn

Lol, i noticed that 'bung', :limp: lol

Did he really get black flagged for drifting? Cos Phil with the Driftworks s14a was doing it on every corner :D

nah, he got picked off for noise, they got their pointy stick out when they pulled him in and measured the noise again. Dont know what the final figure was but I bet it was way more than 99db....non-turbo with decat and exhaust is never going to be quiet.

JB

Wish id have signed up for the track session too....

You guys were lucky to get out after and before the rain........

What happened to Behave's car? did he spin at far end or have problems, it sounded great on the straights but he kept chamging places when round for the next lap?

Great day out guys

Dave :respekt:

The best way to temporarily reduce noise is a little trick I used for SVA.

You need wire mesh and loads of wirewool/scouring pads (coarse). Create a sausage the same size as the exhaust width filled with these and insert into the rear. You'll need to expand the wire into a part of the exhaust so it won't shoot out (as mine did first SVA!!). It's better if you can get it further up the pipe really, I ended up welding a nail in the centre to prevent it from flying out.

What happened to Behave's car?

He pulled over onto a disused part of the track for a few seconds to play about with something on the car (from inside), blipped the throttle a couple of times then went off again by that time a few had passed.

Not sure what happened, cabin filled with smoke at the end of the straight! stopped on the infield, temp/oil press/Egt/ all normal. Set off again, fine or another 2 laps then clouds of smoke again in the mirror so retired. Again all guages showed normal. Found oil dribbling from the gearbox/engine bellhousing and getting onto the exhaust so guessed it was either rear crankseal or G'box/TC seal. Problem was the oil was red (same as type 4 atf and the silkolene engine oil i use!) so not sure where it was coming from. Anyway, checked the levels and they showed full so drove home with no further problems. Maybe i overfilled something? Very strange!

Not sure what happened' date=' cabin filled with smoke at the end of the straight! stopped on the infield, temp/oil press/Egt/ all normal. Set off again, fine or another 2 laps then clouds of smoke again in the mirror so retired. Again all guages showed normal. Found oil dribbling from the gearbox/engine bellhousing and getting onto the exhaust so guessed it was either rear crankseal or G'box/TC seal. Problem was the oil was red (same as type 4 atf and the silkolene engine oil i use!) so not sure where it was coming from. Anyway, checked the levels and they showed full so drove home with no further problems. Maybe i overfilled something? Very strange![/quote']

I've got some video footage from when I was following you round the track, you were smoking quite badly just before I came past you on the straight. I'll try and post it up tomorrow then you can see for yourself!