The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello From A Fellow Polo G40 Owner luton to hitchin run

Guest 16v6n

Guest 16v6n

Hi wasnt too sure if its anyone from here but i own a polo g40 and had a quick race with a supra turbo probably about 2 months back

if it was you , i just wanted to know what power you were running.

thanks

I was in a black polo 1992 with a polo CL badge

Guest 16v6n

from a standing start eg. off round about it was a bit uneven ... front wheeldrive vs rear wheel drive.. but on the straights from about 50-100 i had no problems making ground

:clap:

This is not a boasting post.. the chappy gave us a respectful nod when we split....which was nice.

I was in a black polo 1992 with a polo CL badge

Just noticed this ^^^

:respekt:

I used to love the G40s, a mate of mine had one back in '96 when I had my Punto GT and we had a lot of fun comparing them, his always sounded nicer.

What sort of spec are you running?

Guest 16v6n
Cool.

Can I ask how you know it was a Turbo Supra?

ah yes it was definately a turbo , it had the spoiler on the back and the dump valve was chirping away.. also sounded like darth vader when spooling up.

Guest 16v6n
Out of interest what sort of torque would you estimate that your running? Also what kind of boost are you making with the blower? Just that a guy who sits next to me at work has a a 'rado G60, and he'd be interested to hear this.

Cheers,

Sure.. its not running a standard blower at the moment as the g40 or g60 blower cant take the revs. I'm testing a screw type supercharger , .. also stand alone management. I dont really want to give away the full spec as i havnt really finished it off as there are still a few bits that need ironing out

but it will be finished soon and i wouldnt mind popping over to any meets that are local to me.

Non turbo's also have spoilers

Nice selective quoting :rolleyes:

While what you've highlighted is true he also went on to say "and the dump valve was chirping away".

Why does everyone have to get so defensive if another car challenges the performance of the mighty Supra?

It was a tongue in cheek comment but I can believe that there are G40's out there that might shame a relatively standard Supra.

fair enough, suppose if you chuck enough cash at any car its going to perform, right. I don't suppose many sports cars are standard these days !?!?

Why didn't Mr T ever make the different between the N/A and the TT noticeable i.e. a badge or something. It annoys mean when you hear people saying those supras aren't that quick my made done one in his blah blah - most likely it was a N/a.

No disrespect to non Turbo supra owners by the way ! you know what i'm trying to say.

Guest 16v6n
Hi 16v,

if it was a turbo that one quick car you got there!! nice one.

You'll have to come to a meet, unfortunatly then you will have 30 supras testing you :D lol

Im a NA,so ill be the one at the back :cry:

Thanks mate.. as i said I didnt come here to gloat or anything but if there are any meets etc i dont mind popping along...in the vw scene its such an unrelaxed environment its untrue.

... sorry I didnt know about the non spoiler thing.. as i'm not to "oh fai" with what goes on in the supra world.

cheers

Guest 16v6n
fair enough, suppose if you chuck enough cash at any car its going to perform, right. I don't suppose many sports cars are standard these days !?!?

Why didn't Mr T ever make the different between the N/A and the TT noticeable i.e. a badge or something. It annoys mean when you hear people saying those supras aren't that quick my made done one in his blah blah - most likely it was a N/a.

No disrespect to non Turbo supra owners by the way ! you know what i'm trying to say.

Sorry if i caused confusion but it was definately a turbo'd car.

16V6n's Polo,

250 BHP / 750kg = 333 BHP/1,000kg

Std Supra (Say UK spec)

320 BHP / ~1,600kg = 200BHP/1,000kg

Worse case supra (Say most J-spec std are ~300 bhp)

300 BHP / ~1,600kg = 187.5BHP/1,000kg

Basically with our weight of around 1.6 ton's we need to be firing out close to 540 BHP to match him. (Of course this disregards the ability to lay that power down, aero efficiency, :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: )

hi 16

i live in luton and there are quite a few supras in town mainly the non turbos. but saying that to be honest a even let the corsa boys out run me around town. and bending roads as all the racing is left for track days :giveup:

not mine , but an indication that these have the gears to do the job!

Eventually :)

10/10 for effort but :twak: that the chappy did it during the day on a dual carriageway with other people around.

I wonder how much time was edited out of the middle, seemed to take an age once it got above 100 but very respectable for a 1.3!