The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fog lights

Guest frp

On the supras I have seen, the fog light on the rear looks 'stuck' on.

Is this because JDM cars dont need fog lights in Japan... if so, what do UK cars have for fog lights? Is it a different rear bumper incorporating them?

Try as I can I can't find a pic of the rear of a UK supra!

On the supras I have seen, the fog light on the rear looks 'stuck' on.

Is this because JDM cars dont need fog lights in Japan

Yes

... if so, what do UK cars have for fog lights?
they use one of the rear lights as a foglight.

Is it a different rear bumper incorporating them?
The UKs have a different bumper but not because of the fog light, it's because of the number plate.

Edit to add pic of UK spec rear

002.jpg

Yes - I thought the bumpers are the same too.

It's more to do with there being a lawful distance between the brake light and the fog lights. That's why the UK specs have the revers inbetween them.

SVA is tight on this so people went for the cheaper option of crappy little fog lights. :thumbdown

Then most retro changed it. :D

Ahhh I see! The rear clusters are in a different order. Have to say.. I prefer the JDM order of the lights.

So in theory you could change the clusters - are the connectors/wiring the same?

Think I would probably do my own custom rear fogs.

UK-Specs have a different rear bumper? What's the difference then? space for the number plate is the same I think? :dontget:
Unless I'm much mistaken the UK spec Supras do not have a hooj hole in the bumper behind the number plate.

Ahhhhh, great idea... But doesnt that mean the fog lights and brake lights are too close together re RoGuE's post?

Probably unlikely to get you a ticket (usual disclaimers apply :) ). Worst case, you bolt the dangly fog light back on if the MOT tester objects.