The mkiv Supra Owners Club

18" wheels that clear AP 6 pot brakes?

Justin

I'm after a set of new wheels. Probably 5 spokes. There doesn't seem to be many on the market with the right fit for the Supe especially to go over my big brakes.

Anybody who can post pics or links to wheels on the market that will suit please post away.

I don't want any smaller than 9.5 width on the rear.

Don't want to pay more than £300 per wheel. (without tyres)

Cheers

Justin

Youve got £1400 worth of front brakes and you want to put on £300 wheels. Get some money spent ya tightwad :D Mine fit over the AP's but I dont think you'll find any at that price bud

£1200 worth of wheels is not a trivial amount of money mate. I said £300 per wheel on my post.

What about scooters Blitz rims in for sale section, would those clear 6 pots, also be inside your £300 per rim budget.

Dnk

Good idea, although I thought the ones he had for sale were smaller size for an NA? The gold would look nice against the Silver car tho :)

Think these Antera wheels are ok. I did a very quick bit of photoshopping to see what they might look like on a supra.

Looking for a new set of alloys for my sup at the moment also. Think I might go for a something like the oz canyon wheels. Not that keen on the rivot like detailing on the antera's. I like a the less complicated look of the oz's

What do you guys reckon?

wheel-choice1.jpg

wheel-choice2.jpg

I'm still not convinced the Z1's will clear the AP's without modification. I have the F-50 Brembo's on the front which use a slightly smaller caliper than the AP's and they only *just* fit. I positioned the AP template inside my wheel and it was very hit or miss, nothing in it at all, didn't want to risk it.

The only wheels I know for sure that will clear are the Gewalts, as stated on AP's webpage. To check you need the AP caliper template and a wheel....

I tried the AP template inside my Blitz Z2's and it was too close for comfort. I wouldn't be happy removing steel from either the wheel or caliper. Surely things would flex in there under some heavy driving and touching metal at those speeds would not be a good idea :eek:

Or am I a :limp:

I know this is a slight hijack, but I have some Blitz Z1's. How do I know what width they are, which measurement is it exactly? A diagram or something would be cool.

Also, Nick, how much were the Brembo's? (Are they both front and rear?)