The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota UK Spec Brake Group Buy??

Nic

I have had a few members ask me about the price of the UK spec brakes from Hong Kong. If there is enough interest I will organise a group buy for members.

I've worked out calculations and believe I can get around a £100 saving including delivery to your door, compared to the cheapest Toyota UK prices. Ideally I would need 10 members in on the group buy, if there are less, then there should still be a good saving to be had.

Delivery time from placing the order would be around 8 weeks total; 4 weeks Japan - HK, plus 4 weeks HK - UK.

Cheapest Toyota UK dealer prices (these are including the 15% discount which some dealers give) are:

Set of fronts = £578

Set of rears = £591

So depending on numbers we are looking at around £100 saving on each, or £200 for both on these prices.

If you are seriously interested in being part of the group buy please put your name down here. No obligation at the moment, I just want to gauge numbers, so I can work out final prices. Also if anyone is a member on the other forum, can you put the word about so we can get as many involved as possible.

:thanks:

Before you waste your efforts Nic, how does that compare to CJ's prices for stock kit? Though prices for the TRD stuff would be great...infact the whole TRD JZA80 catalogue would be good.

Hi Alex, I was involved in the last group buy thread that CJ did, the Toyota UK prices I quoted above are taken from that thread, these were the reduced prices (+15% discount) that some members on that thread were able to get locally from their dealers. Cheers for the heads up though :thumbs:

:bump:

Nic,

did you get a chance to look into this!!

Yes I have some prices for TRD, Project Mu, Endless, Brembo and AP Racing brake sets, I need to work out delivered costs and see how these compare.

Yup, i'm interested.

Front & Rears, braided lines uprated discs and pads please.

Just got to make sure they fit in my wheels - hopefully next meet and some obliging person..... ;)

Regards

SV

hi nic, im interested in just rear/front uk discs if possible... how much m8?

Just buying the Toyota discs and posting them to UK works out about the same price as they cost to buy from Toyota UK, due to relative low price of the discs and high cost of postage (due to weight.) It is only the full brake kits that I can get a significant saving on due to higher value of the good, IYSWIM.

I've got quite a few prices now for the different big brake kits available. First impression is that there could be some good savings to be had on the different Brembo kits available, but there is little difference in the price of the AP Racing brakes.

The Endless and Project Mu brakes don't seem to be available in the UK, so nothing to compare these to, but they are priced similarly to the Brembos.

Endless make a huge 370mm front and rear brake kits for the Supra, I had a chat with my friend who is the HKS dealer here and he rates the Endless brakes highly. I've also seen quite a lot of highly modified cars running these here, so they seem popular.

I'll work out some delivered costs shortly, anyone interested pm me.

Right, I've put together a spread sheet with all the different brake kits available and worked out what I should be the final delivered prices (some of the weights I've estimated based on equivalent brake kits.) It looks like there should be some very good savings to be had.

If you email me at nicvollans at netvigator dot com I'll send you a copy of the spread sheet

Interested in Front & Rears, braided lines uprated discs and pads - the full show. Not sure which to go for but TRD, Brembo, etc.. etc.. Any advice?

Email sent, Nic and thanks a mill.

Hi Cornelius, it really depends what you intend to use the car for. The larger stock Toyota brakes are very good and relatively cheap compared to the other branded brake kits. For general road use I believe the larger stock brakes are the best value for money and perform more than adequately for road use, especially when fitted with a good set of pads, braided lines and motul 600 fluid.

The bigger branded kits are quite a lot more expensive, but offer a good weight saving over the stock brakes. Any saving on unsprung weight is a good thing. They give better stopping power over stock, so would be good if you are doing a lot of track time with your car.

You'll need to check the clearance of your wheels to make sure any brakes you intend getting are going to fit. Most of the brands have diagrams on their websites showing the brake cross section, so you can check clearance against your wheels.

I've emailed you the spread sheet with the prices on, let me know if you have any more questions :thumbs:

Thanks Nic (sorry for the 2-way conversation by email too)

I really doubt I will be going on the track much if at all so it's really only street use. I guess I just love the look of Brembos, but maybe stock UK calibers with the Brembo OEM replacements would be a good idea?