The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Car or go single?

Green Peace

By september..the finance on my Supra is finished.

But i will be in the 80k miles.

I could buy another Supra but what would be the point..

Can't afford the Corvette C6 I wanted, and cant be arsed to try and source one on the cheap..

SO I was thinking if I wanted to give my Supra an almost garenteed faultles 4 more years, what work would I need to carry out bare in mind i could raise £15k towards mods

Full or partial Engine rebuild

Single Turbo

Water cooling

New engine management

newer Sat Naff/ICE system

More Gibson and Boyne leather work etc

Possible paint job though I like Green

Carbon fibre bonnet.

Titanium exhaust

new adjustable suspension kit

TRD airbag steering wheel.

Would I have some change left to buy an old banger whilst my cars having work done?

To be honest i'd rather give the business to people on here (if they do a good job) then to some big global company for a newer car...

go and speak to Terry S at Vortex he would have a field day with your car and that sort of money and would build you an absolute rocket on wheels!! :tongue:

By the way I would spend it on the Supra.....you could always buy a new engine if your not happy with the milage ;)

Terry wouldn't trust me ;)

Vortex have a good reputaion for their Single conversions I know..but doubt he would deal with me since my fall out with Leon and JPS and would fully understand that(which of course has been fogotton sssshhhhh he he)

:giveup:

Full BL61 Hybrid setup - Same as Terry's need I say more.

HKS Fcon Pro V

Just change the rod(?) bolts which are prone to failure.

New stock bottom end is £1800 so it's your choice - but this with the stronger caps and bolts should prove to be very reliable.

Yours is VVTi isn't it? In which case HKS Valcon Pro cam kit + standard 264 exhaust cam.

Cooling should be addressed - uprated Rad, 3Row IC, Oil Cooler engine and transmission. Vented bonnet - would recommend Veilside or Top Secret.

Brakes - UK's(?) - I'd refurb the UK setup if it too is 80,000miles old or if you have j-spec get the UK's.

Suspension - CW's kit...

RLTC

Auto? Higher stall TC - 3200 for everyday driving.

Think that would make a killer car.

I'll have a look at it Jake but doubt it will be available in september though have to clear finance on mine first but good suggestion...

:innocent:

September would actually be best for me....my post was toe in the water time...see if I got a bite...but I'd rather have a sale towards the end of the year...just before my insurance runs out in November.

Terry wouldn't trust me ;)

Vortex have a good reputaion for their Single conversions I know..but doubt he would deal with me since my fall out with Leon and JPS and would fully understand that(which of course has been fogotton sssshhhhh he he)

:giveup:

Money's money....etc

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Well i know my probs were never with Terry S, but i respect that they are good friends and fully understand that the last thing that Terry would want to do is have my Supra (that dosn't have the greatest luck attached to it) sat in his gaff...plus Leon might sneak round in the night and total it. :tongue:

Money's money....etc

True..have to admit Alex your Supra does look tempting....

yep agree money's money..I might just get my brov to sort out booking the mods coz hes a big fella, I just get trampled on if I go anywhere...my good friend Paul Kent looks after me very well though..

I'm only liccle u see.

:drown:

How much is the vette?

C6 Im guessing would come out about £35k on the secondhand market over here or could be shipped, sva'd, on a good secondhand one from the states and i reckon on everything for around £30k but lots of hassle.

Brand new here they are selling for £44k (for European model)

:) was this a typo or ment?

its been called Sat Naff ever since a load of us who went to france with earthrokka all fell out wether to follow Sham or follow the sat Nav in my car...

In the end it took us about 100miles out of our way!

:tongue:

So everyone calls it 'Sat Naff' now he he

(its only coz I had it set to motorway preference...my fault)

:cry:

Can we have some pics of your car please. Especially that side on shot out in the countryside but bigger!

What me or Alex?

I'm at work havent got access to it..but will try stick it up later...thanks it did look nice in that pic..id only do subtle changes to the body coz I think it looks ok, maybe just a bonnet that Alex suggested, already has side skirts..not overly sold on nose cones, never seen one i REALLY liked yet...so main changes would be under the hood, and interior...keeping it fairly stealth on the outside..with no shopping list he he.

Hi Si,

Drop the car off here for a month (or we can pick it up) and you can have anything you want ;)

OK maybe not anything but it'll be damn quick.

Gaz.

nah give the car to me...I like spending other peoples money ;) :woot:

Reckon you'd do well to go:

T61 Budget Single

650cc Injectors

E-Manage with AFR Gauge

Greddy 3 row FMIC

Aftermarket Front Bumper

Aftermarket Spats & Skirts

RLTC

Nice Shiny 18" Alloys

Tein Suspension with EDFC

edit

And Water Injection.

Reckon you'd do well to go:

T61 Budget Single...(Budget...didn't know Easyjet now make turbos he he)

650cc Injectors (yep spose i need them too)

E-Manage with AFR Gauge (dont do E any more)

Greddy 3 row FMIC (if you say so)

Aftermarket Front Bumper (not seen any i like or survive 4 v long)

Aftermarket Spats & Skirts (def not already got some Toyota ones)

RLTC (a must I agree)

Nice Shiny 18" Alloys (na got Race hart CR's 19's)

Tein Suspension with EDFC (Adjustable...!!! yep ?)

And Water Injection.(yep def)

:thanks: