The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie advice on this car..

cornimac

Hi All

Hoping to join the realms of Supra owners and considering my first purchase. I'm chatting with the owner of this car and wonder if someone could take a look and give me any advice on price range to offer and if there are any danger signals. I'm looking through other threads at buying advice, just need something specific on this one.

I believe the owner is a member of this club so you may know the car.

Cheers.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4550079886&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Hi and welcome.

I don't know the car or the owner and the following is just based on my experiences and the ebay advert.

car looks in very good condition. decent quality tyres suggests owner has been thoughtful and probably looked after it well.

I would want to know service history since import, see all receipts, check which oil has been used. I would also want to know whether diff and transmission fluids have been replaced since import. Check out state of SMIC too as they can start to fall apart.

One of biggest problems seems to be crappy speedo conversions. I would check with seller that it is a TRL one.

Assuming no accidents, bodywork perfect, interior perfect, all electric bits working, heater matrix not going, air con very cold, diff and autobox fluid changed recently, serviced every 5-6K with proper synthetic, brake disks and pads replaced at least once since import, TRL speedo conversion etc I would pay £8k. Otherwise pay 6K and bank on spending £500 brakes, £150 autobox and diff oil changes, £150 sppedo conversion, £1000 heater matrix etc etc

Good luck to you and the seller :thumbs:

Thanks for reply guys. If Cornelius does buy the car he would have got a very good deal for the price I am letting it go for.

Can't hold onto it for ever though. Lord knows I did try!!! :D

Keep seeing you around WSB2, was round near your place the other week as well. Mind you, I've always known you 'get about' :eyebrows:

How is the Bournemouth crew these days?

Im good mate, u've been parking in my road for the last 3 weekends. staying over the Gf's sisters house i noticed :eyebrows:

U were close one drunken sat night of getting a card, it was gonna read....

Move along pizza boy, this street aint big enough for both us! :D

instead i got locked out and had to climb through my conservatory window! :complain: :cry:

Im good mate, u've been parking in my road for the last 3 weekends. staying over the Gf's sisters house i noticed :eyebrows:

U were close one drunken sat night of getting a card, it was gonna read....

Move along pizza boy, this street aint big enough for both us! :D

instead i got locked out and had to climb through my conservatory window! :complain: :cry:

PMSL, I thought you meant me last Saturday night. We came past you house at a 2:30 in the morning singning (shouting) and pushing one of our mates in a wheelchair! ASDA need a new one :(

PMSL, I thought you meant me last Saturday night. We came past you house at a 2:30 in the morning singning (shouting) and pushing one of our mates in a wheelchair! ASDA need a new one :(

lol, last sat was night almost burnt house down, got in at 4am...eventually, put chicken breast on.....fell asleep woke up at 11 too smoke and one well done chicken :ecstatic: :bang:

I've been grinning too much all day to write but yes, good old Steve sold me his TT. :clap:

It was quite a bit more than the rumoured £5.5k, although I did try :innocent: Fair to Steve though it was a good price.

Anyway, I'm glad to be part of the group and will see some of you at Japfest tomorrow in my new baby. Actually it's my birthday soon and what better present could a man buy for himself. :)

Thanks for the interest and support, peeps.

It was quite a bit more than the rumoured £5.5k, although I did try :innocent: Fair to Steve though it was a good price.

Go on, tell us how much you paid in the end! ;)

Congrats on the car though mate, nothing better than the new car feeling. You'll keep looking at it through the window every two minutes and suddenly you wont mind giving people lifts, any excuse for a drive