The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What to look out for when buying a Supra non turbo?

Guest Disco

Guest Disco

New to this site and would appreciate any tips on what to look out for when buying a Supra Non-turbo?

Went to a Garage In Croydon today and they had a 1994 Supra Nonturbo, 37300miles which looked to be in good shape for £4,995, does that sound too cheap?

Also any ideas of place for cheap insurance for young drivers?

Sounds quite cheap for a dealer and that mileage. Some have been sold privately for a little more than that with slightly higher mileage, but the dealer may just want shot of it and reduced the price accordingly.

Cheap insurance? On an import model like the non turbo, doesn't happen. If you're under 25 you will pay heavily (over 1k at least and I don't suppose being in London will help) - in some cases more so than if you had a TT supra.

Try the club insurer - Sky (UIG) they have been pretty good for a lot of people.

PS: Welcome :)

um.... well i got my TT for a real bargain..... he had it on autotader for £8000.... and i paid A LOT less then this ;) .... only problem it had was window motors flucked.... but i got em for £80 on ebay so fixed that problem, and then near side caliper... sorted that too.... other then that, regular service which i do myself (every 2500 miles).... it came with all mot's/service history since its been in country.... oh and milage on it was 83kMiles..... condition: near mint...

Bloke i got it from got rx8, garage offered him trade in price which took the pi$$ and i tried my luck by adding another £500 on top and got it :D .... insurance really took a big bite though.... at £2100 :( but its up for renewal this month, so fingers crossed ;)

Hello Mr.Richie and welcome.

This is the garage that Dave found the car at. Anyone had any dealings with them??

:welcome: Disco

[thread=23259]THIS THREAD[/thread] may be of help, there are a lot more useful threads in the FAQ section worth reading when looking for a Supra.

TT, there was another post about this place the other week, see [thread=38203]HERE[/thread]