The mkiv Supra Owners Club

the noise is the dogs danglies

Suprasteve

just got my car decatted, i was so impressed with the sound i got my GF to give it some welly up and down the road a few times whilst i stood on the pavement. - don't think the neighbours enjoyed it as much tho.

She pretented she was doing it just because i asked but secretly she was loving it :tongue:

LOL

Same with Susie... she keeps asking me when I'm gonna sell the car, but after we go out for a drive strangely she wants me to keep it!!!!

I dont think my neighbours are going to like me soon, when I begin to use the car for work and I start it up at 6:30am every morning. I think my 'danglies' might be in for a kicking!!! :tongue:

just got my car decatted, i was so impressed with the sound i got my GF to give it some welly up and down the road a few times whilst i stood on the pavement. - don't think the neighbours enjoyed it as much tho.

She pretented she was doing it just because i asked but secretly she was loving it :tongue:

sorry to sound stupid, but im new to this game!, what is deccated and what does it do once done?? :rtfm:

Didn't i tell you Steve?? Just makes the exhaust sound even better. Have you stopped grinning yet?? :D

I thought you weren't gonna let the girlfriend drive it again?? :p

DBR- As you may or may not be aware your car has 2 cats in place. They both restrict the amount of air escaping through the exhaust. By removing one your performance will go up slightly and the sound will get better/nicer. remove both and you'll get even more power and a larger sound to make you smile for a week. The down side is it pobably wont pass it's mot and will raise exhaust temps. But highly recommended.

Didn't i tell you Steve?? Just makes the exhaust sound even better. Have you stopped grinning yet?? :D

she keeps making excuses to drive mine like "i'm late for work and my car is nearly out of petrol, can i use yours ?"

you certainly did !

isn't it funny, no matter how old you are, when you've just had a mod done to your car you revert back to being a little kid the day before xmas !

theres soooooo much more i want to do but just don't have the funds ! - oh it lotto night tonight isn't it :rolleyes:

DBR- As you may or may not be aware your car has 2 cats in place. They both restrict the amount of air escaping through the exhaust. By removing one your performance will go up slightly and the sound will get better/nicer. remove both and you'll get even more power and a larger sound to make you smile for a week. The down side is it pobably wont pass it's mot and will raise exhaust temps. But highly recommended.

right cheers for the lesson in deccating m8, but whats the point in doing it if the car wont pass its next mot, your just gonna have to pay for it to be put back again....?????

right cheers for the lesson in deccating m8, but whats the point in doing it if the car wont pass its next mot, your just gonna have to pay for it to be put back again....?????

This is true but for a whole 12 months you'll have a much faster and better sounding car. Kinda worth it to most owners.

Or instead of putting it back on find a garage that don't mind 'overlooking' the exhaust emmisions for a little extra cash!

This is true but for a whole 12 months you'll have a much faster and better sounding car. Kinda worth it to most owners.

Or instead of putting it back on find a garage that don't mind 'overlooking' the exhaust emmisions for a little extra cash!

In many circumstances the car will pass the MOT. Mine does... I have a friendly MOT tester who manages to get the car through without having to put one of the cats back on. Still, even if it is a case of putting the rear cat on just for the test, thats not too much bother...

i've been thinking of doing the electronic TTC but can't get it into my head how it can be better.

Surely in the seq mode at 4,000 both turbos are working together anyway ???

Someone please explain it to me again.

I'm always interested in hearing pro- arguments for TTC as well ;) I've got some interesting dyno graphs off someone who did it and they succeeded in losing a load of torque curve under 3500rpm, getting a nasty boost spike between 3500 and 4000rpm that artificially made the car feel faster, and then matching the sequential setup above that...

-Ian

not hundred percent sure as i got it 2nd hand but i think its a mongoose with a 5" bore - bit on the big side and gets plenty of attantion - good and bad, like...

"oi mate you'd better put some wire mesh over that to stop wide animals burrowing in it"

and

"you could stick your head in that thing"

it's not as loud and as aggressive as some of the others i've heard but i like it.

It sounds totally different outside the car than in it. I love the idling noise, the wa wa wa wa wa kinda noise - you know what i mean.