The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aerotop alarms

lightwave

What alarms have you guys with aerotops got? I've got a Laserline at the moment which I think is causing me problems so I might need to change it.

Only thing is, This one has two ultrasonic sensors for the cabin which work fine when I alarm it with the top removed. If you stick a hand in the cabin with the top off/windows down, then the alarm goes off.

I'm not sure, but I don't think the Clifford alarms like the Concept 600 have this kind of protection. But you probably don't need it with the Clifford internal radar bubble thingy do you? I'm sure you know what I mean.

What do you aerotop guys have fitted as alarms, and how well do they work?

Cheers.

I've got a Laserline something or other. I really must dig the info out as Matt H is going to be tweaking it for me next week to get rid of the annoying auto-arm feature.

Mine is meant to lock the doors and switch on the internal sensors, and then you press the other button and it turns off the internal sensors. That's meant to be the 'roof out' setting, but the couple of times I've tried it the thing just sets the alarm off when I press the second button. I must have more of a play with it.

If I set my alarm as normal (doors locked, sensors on) with the roof out it eventually goes off by itself - how does yours not activate when a gust of wind passes through?

My new clifford has got the zone alarm if anybody puts their hand in the car or nudges the car, however I might have the slight issue that my alarm is not Cat 1...

Whether the sensors on the RSX 3.5 can be used on a concept or not I'm not sure... that would be Matt H's call

Gav

I have no problem with my Laserline. The motion sensors turn off a treat, the only time it has gone off is when I've been a berk and forgotton to turn it off, so I do know its working.

What model of Laserline do you have?

I have a 996 (v2 I think) fitted in my supra. I seem to remember you can disable the internal motion sensor, but I haven't got the manual in front of me. I can take a look tonight and reply tomorrow with more info.

I don't think the Laserline is the best alarm in the world. Have a few problems with mine, in that sometimes I can't arm/disarm the alarm using the keyfob. I have replaced the battery, but still get problems, so have to use normal keys and the dongle-thingy. I bought my car from JIC, does anybody know where abouts the sensor placed ?

Also I don't think they work with a turbo-timer, although I've not tried.

Geoff