The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyres Advice

Guest supra_leeky

Guest supra_leeky

Just invested in some 10" wide alloys for the rear and need some nice 275's to cover them in.

Can't afford the Goodyear GS-C's so am going for something else.

Bridgestones are out of the questions as over £200 per tyre is insaine as is the Yoko AVS Sports @ £170 each.

So it looks like im going for either the Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's (like the name of those) @ £98 each or the Falken FK451's @ £108

Anyone had any experience with these tyres? Are they any good?

:thanks:

Guest supra_leeky

Prices from various places, mytyres.co.uk/blackcircles.com/camskill.com etc

Been shopping around for the last few days.

Im using Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's at the moment and would have liked to have stuck with Goodyear but if you go up to 275/40/17'S from goodyear it takes you into the GS-C range which cost mega bucks.

I've read the Reinfest.com reviews and the Falkens come out above the Bridgestone Potenzas and the Yokohama AVS Sports overall anyhow so i guess i'll go for those as they seem a good price.

Unless anyone knows of a good place and a good make of tyre to go with.

:clap:

I've used Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's before, still have them on the from of my RZ actually.

They're fine but they don't last as well as top quality tyres. Dry grip is good, wet grip is OK if you're sensible.

One thing though, I thought they stopped making the 'Supra' varient of the Kumho Ecsta tyres over a year ago, no?

Just invested in some 10" wide alloys for the rear and need some nice 275's to cover them in.

Can't afford the Goodyear GS-C's so am going for something else.

Bridgestones are out of the questions as over £200 per tyre is insaine as is the Yoko AVS Sports @ £170 each.

So it looks like im going for either the Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's (like the name of those) @ £98 each or the Falken FK451's @ £108

Anyone had any experience with these tyres? Are they any good?

:thanks:

Priorities: Wheels, then Tyres? Might be worth keeping your current wheels on and saving for a decent set of tyre. Tyres is the last place on my car I would be scrimping on.

ive got the falkens fk451s all round , similar tread pattern to the toyos that were on before.

i paid £300 for two rears , last summer 275 35 18.

and £200 for the front two weeks ago 245 40 18 . fitted and ballenced.

i suppose you have to consider the type of motoring that you do as well,.

cheers peter

Guest supra_leeky

Im going to be running a set of Veilside Andrew Racing V's

They are 17x9 at the front and 17x10 at the rear.

I understand that tyres should not be skimped on as they can be the difference between going round a corner and going into the corner.

Im a moderator on the Toyota Owners club and im always telling people not to skimp on tyres.

But when the Falkens and the Kumho's are half the price of Bridgestones and Yokohamas and have very similar - if not better performance on the online reviews i can't see much point in going for the more expensive tyres.

I use the car only in dry conditions if i can help it. Im a regular visitor to Santapod and do pretty much every track day i can get my hands on. So dry grip is my main concern hence the Goodyears i have at present.

:respekt: