The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Group Buy Suggestions

Nic

The Toyota light group buy worked out successfully, we got enough members together to get a good discount and more than half of the parts have now been sent/recieved.

So does anyone have any suggestions for any other group buys? I know I can get most Toyota/TRD parts here significantly cheaper than the UK even with postage included. These are the parts I have already sourced that I know I can get deals on:

Bilstein Shock Absorbers

Toyota Facelift Headlights/Rear Lights/Indicators

Toyota UK Spec Brakes

TRD Steering Wheel

TRD LSD

HKS Hypermax II's

HKS R-Type Oil Cooler

Ganador Mirrors

E-Manage

HID Kit

I can get most Jap branded products here in Hong Kong at very good prices and in a lot of cases cheaper than Japan as there is no VAT here.

The best savings to be had are on high priced, smaller/lightweight parts such as electronics, as these are relatively cheap to airmail to the UK. If I can get 10 or more members who want to buy a certain product together, then I can get a good discount from some of my supplier friends here. If I get 20 orders then there are really BIG savings to be had. As a club we have a lot of buying power in numbers, so what parts do we all want? I'm guess the most popular products will be things such as gauges, boost controllers, turbo timers, e-manage, etc.

So any suggestions? If there are enough members wanting something I'll negotiate costs with my dealer and organise another group buy.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of a noob so not sure if you can get these in hong kong but what about race logic traction control. I'd also want a turbo timer.

Racelogic is a UK company so you'll get the best deals there.

TRD rear wing copies??????

Not something I want to get into, quality is the key with any body parts, this would be difficult to control on a non-branded product. These type of things are best sourced through UK traders.

Looking for suggestions for well known branded products that we could get enough members wanting to be involved in. Ideally products with high retail value where there could be significant savings to be had for members.

Triple A pilar pods ... cant get them for love nor money :thumbdown

Only ever seen LHD triple gauge pods, speak to Paul E at Miami GT, if there are enough people wanting them he may be able to get them made, or perhaps already does??