The mkiv Supra Owners Club

kids!

Oddball

Hi guys.

First of all, great site for a great car. :clap: :respekt:

I currently own a Renault Laguna, :limp: but i'm in the market for a Supra soon (Promotion permitting). The problem is, I have two kids (1yr + 4yrs)and my girlfriend is kinda against the idea. I used to have a mkiii Supra and she talked me into selling :blahblah: when she fell pregnant first time.

I'm just wandering if any of you guys have kids and still use your Supra everyday for shopping,commuting e.t.c...?

Cheers guys.

Oddball, as Geordie says, back seats are fine for kids, but adults are in for an uncomfortable ride. The cars are happy too trundle around town etc, but the boot is very shallow, so not that practical if you need too do a big shop and fit the kids in. The rear seats fold down so it gives you a reasonable load space if required, as long as the kids don't get dragged along to the shops with you.

Don't forget, as an everyday car, you have to consider petrol consumption, insurance and maintainence which are obviously higher than most everyday runarounds.

Good luck with your promotion.

I wouldn't have a Supra as an only car but lots of us use our Supes for commuting. It's not cheap to run but it makes the trips to and from work a lot more enjoyable. I don't fancy driving a shitty car all week and leaving the Supra at home. What's the point of that?

Boot space is pretty limited but you can get a fair amount in if you drop the back seat down.

Oddball, as Geordie says, back seats are fine for kids, but adults are in for an uncomfortable ride. but the boot is very shallow, so not that practical if you need too do a big shop and fit the kids in.

They are fine for adults to. I fit in the rear seats with no problems and travelled over a hundred miles like it before now.

The boot is shallow yes but Mawby and I did a big shop and managed to get it all in the boot. It is possible to, just depends on how you pack it:D

Anyway good luck and welcome to the club

Hi guys.

First of all, great site for a great car. :clap: :respekt:

I currently own a Renault Laguna, :limp: but i'm in the market for a Supra soon (Promotion permitting). The problem is, I have two kids (1yr + 4yrs)and my girlfriend is kinda against the idea. I used to have a mkiii Supra and she talked me into selling :blahblah: when she fell pregnant first time.

I'm just wandering if any of you guys have kids and still use your Supra everyday for shopping,commuting e.t.c...?

Cheers guys.

Hey welcome. I don't have any kids, but I have a laguna......... :clap: (and an FTO).

I've got 2 kids (6 and 4) and they both sit in the back of mine on booster cushions, no probs. Be careful thouugh, both mine are now speed demons and its difficult to explain to a 4 year old that a policeman will take daddy away if he keeps doing 140mph.

Married mens rule book:

1. Its easier to justify it after its on the drive than to persuade her before you get it!!! :nyah:

Meant in the nicest way, you are quite dinky though!!!!

I was going to leave that bit out:p

I was just trying to get him to buy a supra that he's misses could be happy with and adult in the back, with out causing trouble:D

Oh I know of a very nice black rz for sale:cool:

supras my only car, havent got any kids (that i know of anyway!), like the others said its possible to get stuff in if you put the rear seats down so the kids might have to skip the big shops (probably be glad to miss it!)

go for the supe, you'll be the coolest dad ever to them! :D

Doesn't your local supermarket deliver??

As for rear leg room, my seat backs are touching the rear cushion so I would think that would be a big problem.

Have you considered a Soarer? Most of your worries are banished with one of those, more rear room and bigger boot.

The Supe really isn't for a family let's face it.