The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dash Questions

Elliot

First of all, in order to take off the dash panel around the gear lever, I need to disconnect the Clifford alarm switch & flashing LED.

What is the procedure for this? One of them has a little black clip which I guess you just disconnect, the other has the two connector 'thingies'. They don't look like they're soldered, but is it a good idea just to pull them apart?

Do I need to disconnect the battery, or do something with the alarm? Sorry, as you may guess, I have no clue! :)

Also, I'm getting my dash panels sprayed silver. The replacement one I've got (black) has an extra hole, but the existing one (with the crappy walnut effect) has the folding mirror button.

Can this button be encorporated into the other dash? (the black one) Will I need to cut a lump out to fit it? I don't want to mess it up, so will it be easier to take the other dash panel (walnut) off & use that?

Basicly, does the switch have some sort of cover to hide any rough edges from cutting the hole for it to fit?

Does any of this make sense? Can someone help!? :)

I wouldn't bother disconnecting the battery

What is the procedure for this? One of them has a little black clip which I guess you just disconnect

Yes! :blink:

the other has the two connector 'thingies'. They don't look like they're soldered, but is it a good idea just to pull them apart?

Yes!:blink:

Basicly, does the switch have some sort of cover to hide any rough edges from cutting the hole for it to fit?

Yes! The black switch will be larger than the hole you have to make and so will hide any nasty rough edges :)

Good stuff! Hopefully I wont

a) electrocute myself!

b) set my alarm off & not be able to turn it off!

The black switch will be larger than the hole you have to make and so will hide any nasty rough edges :)

So the switch has a lip around it then?

Thanks! :)

What's the switch used for, you might be able to replace it with a smaller better looking one?

The rectangular switch is for the folding mirror, and the round one is for the fog light.

Just got to check if I've got an airbag now! (don't remember seeing one) :)