The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance!

CardiffSupra

Hi all, just got a few quotes off Elephant.co.uk, 1st one was for a twinturbo auto UK, had a quote for 950quid wich im quite happy with.

The 2nd was for a Twinturbo Import and it come to 1,800 quid! :read:

Y is there such a difrence in the two prices?

Looks like a TT aero might be out of the question if imports are this much £££ for insurace! Any tips would be helpful. :help:

Thanx Gareth :clap: :respekt:

try norwich union direct...

im 21 on Jap Spec TT .... £835 fully comp...lol

At 21??? I tried them for my FTO and they ran through all of the details - took 20 minutes and then said, "we cannot insure you on this vehicle until you are 25" :complain: :thumbdown

At 21??? I tried them for my FTO and they ran through all of the details - took 20 minutes and then said, "we cannot insure you on this vehicle until you are 25" :complain: :thumbdown

At least they tried! Didnt either bother after i told them that the car was over 10 years old! Has anyone ever heard of that before????

well i shouldnt be insured at 21 as the say u need to be over 25.... but i got to no a guy working there and he managed to pull a few strings and do a few favours with the underwriters lol and did a big favour hehe

excess is about £750 tho.. lol

Why do you guys all ways complain about the cost of insurance!!

:dontget:

Try getting insurance here in northern ireland, i pay £1676.81 per year Full Comp on my UK Supra Man 6 TT, AND thats with 5 years full no claims, been driving from i was 17 and never had an accident an i passed my advanced driving test.

AND I DON'T WANT TO THING WHAT I'LL HAVE TO PAY ONCE I GO SINGLE :ecstatic:

We complain about insurance because even though yours may be higher, ours still takes the p*ss. And as I've discovered recently you never really get your money's worth.

There are people starving all over the world, but that doesn't mean I won't complain if my big mac has no meat in it! :)

I never really complain. Just bring it up every now and again in passing. Nothing to complain about as I'm the one stupid enough to have bought the car, and I'm the one stupid enough to pay the insurance. It's one of those things you just have to laugh about sometimes... ha...