Guest mammo

Would you buy Carbon Fibre Sills?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy Carbon Fibre Sills?

• Yes......
    • No.......

Guest mammo

Hi Guys,

I have seen the s/s sill covers that have been advertised and noticed that some people have expressed an interest in Carbon Fibre ones also...I am currently in the process of manufacturing some c.f sill covers for the CTR guys at the minute and wondered if their would be any interest from the guys on here?

Guest mammo
That looks very smart

Thanks Matt,

These are 100% carbon fibre and not the imitation stuff that is often touted around.

Again they do look much better in the Flesh

Guest mammo
Rough price?

Not quite sure yet?..the aim is to make them full size like the s/steel ones and have the Supra logo screen printed in silver ink onto the Carbon...so i guess they will be a bit more expensive than the stainless ones....again the more people that are interested then the cheaper i can make them.

I also have silver ones available

I have just sent the production CTR plates to be printed, so should be able to post some decent pics later on in the week.

Guest mammo
I am liking those a lot.......

How about a nice touch and have a custom screen printing on them as well??

Thanks

Gav

I am always looking at ways of being more 'individual'...if there are any logo's that may be of interest then I would be willing to get together with my screen print guy and see if we can work out a way of it being cost effective.

Thanks again,

Glenn

Guest mammo

Quick update....I have put the feelers out for anybody with an old sill that I can use to get the correct sizing from...once I can get one then I can start on them straight away.

Thanks,

Glenn

I take it your lookin to make a complete new sill yeah? Not just inlay a piece of flat stock with a logo on. The problem with that is the stock sill has lots of ripples along it, which would hold your carbon inlay off.

If your going for a complete carbon moulded job then :thumbs: although working out how to hold the fastners in might be a bit of a headache. Again the stock one has a key style slot, where the round push fastener can slot into, and the the fastener is used to 'pop' the sill onto the door. You'll understand when you get your sill.

Guest mammo
I take it your lookin to make a complete new sill yeah?

No....I am planning on making them to cover the plastic area of the sill similar to the ones Paul E advertised a while ago http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=24077&highlight=sill+covers

If the stainless ones that he sold bedded down o.k then i guess there is no reason why the carbon ones won't..(they will be supplied with a Very High Bond 3M double sided adhesive tape)

I still have not had a reply about borrowing a sill so this is holding things back a bit :thumbdown

Guest mammo
How long will you need it for? I may be able to lend you one from mine.

TBH they can't be all that expensive to buy from Mr T. I'm reconing this side of a ton.

I need either the sill itself or an exact cardboard shape of the item to have a machining jig made...you can pm me either way.....as regards price i would be surprised if you could get them for under a ton from Mr T(not sure if they are even available??)...The Honda guys pay £145 for the JDM ones :scare: ...and imho they are very very low quality for that amount of money (carbon imitation imo)...I would guess we are looking at around £75-£80 ready to fit

Glenn.

You might be suprised mate. I've got to call them tomorrow about a price for engine internals, if someone gets a part no. I'll see how much they want for them.

Either way, my car is going in for a re-spray soon, so you can use mine whilst it's in.

Guest mammo
You might be suprised mate. I've got to call them tomorrow about a price for engine internals, if someone gets a part no. I'll see how much they want for them.

Either way, my car is going in for a re-spray soon, so you can use mine whilst it's in.

Tony,

If i could borrow yours for a couple of days then that would be great...let me know when you can send it and i will send you the money for P+P.

Thanks again,

Glenn

Guest mammo

Can any of you guys give me a rough idea of the length and width of the plastic sill cover?...at least while im waiting for one to arrive i can get one step ahead by laminating some carbon.

Thanks,

Glenn