The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Am I Unlucky Or What!!!

Guest geoff

Guest geoff

Damn, got a parking ticket today in Bridlington (was only parked 50 minutes). Had Supra 4 weeks and just got a private plate on a week ago; it’s not quite legal, spacing, £30 fixed penalty for ‘registration not to regulation – spacing’. So am I unlucky or am I likely to get a ticket every time I park or should I change plates to regular spacing; although I don’t want to do this as it would have a different meaning… thoughts please…

Try removing the plate completely and just sticking a legal one in the windscreen while you're parked.

Better yet just just don't display any front plate, as far as I know the wardens can't get you for a missing plate, only an illegally spaced one... might be wrong on that one so don't quote me on it!!

Guest geoff

that's an idea but not sure if that would be any better? I know their keen at Brid for giving parking tickets so as i was legally parked, I think they were picking on the car...

Try removing the plate completely and just sticking a legal one in the windscreen while you're parked.

Better yet just just don't display any front plate, as far as I know the wardens can't get you for a missing plate, only an illegally spaced one... might be wrong on that one so don't quote me on it!!

Ive done this on mine. I carry my old one broken in half in the car ... some young "scallies" broke the bloody thing off the other week and Ive just got it back from the body shop ;) ;) ;) (honest officer)

Yeah, this method I'd much prefer to the illegal number plate, which I find utterly pointless (and unintelligent too).

They're asking for any excuse to stop/fine you, and you're just handing them one on a plate (literally) ;)

You should ofcourse be prepared to insist that your plate was vandalised(have approx time and place ready. Vague yes, but ready).

It's hard for them to prove otherwise, and in any case they would need to allocate resources in the issue, which they hate doing. These sort of UK authorities are geared towards automatic fines/prompt payments --- no questions asked, wham bang thank you mam.

If you try and change that, (and play your cards right) they'll prefer to let you go, internally classed as a 'timewaster' :nyah:

My licence is still a virgin :ecstatic: , and I've had it for quite some time. Heavy foot, too. :littled: