The mkiv Supra Owners Club

great day, vortex single

afennell

Just a little post as I’m telling as many people as pos.

I collected my supra on Saturday from Phoenix after having the budget single kit from Vortex installed.

These guys are great and very helpful, the car is transformed, absolutely transformed her.

If any body is thinking about doing this, don’t think just book her in.

Photo-0060.jpg

Obviously there is more lag, but I find this makes it easier to drive around town and in traffic (sounds strange).

When you’re on the motorway in sixth you can’t just push the accelerator and have instant boost, instead drop a gear and hold on.

She pulls ALLOT stronger and ALLOT faster.

Hope this helps a bit, but not really driven the car as in bed.

It really is fantastic, allot faster even though I still have the standard injectors. The Boost comes in comfortably as I remember some friends large turbo fords were awful and almost painful when the turbo came in.

I can't wait for my car to singled!! :D I know the boost delivery is linear - but how would you describe it to your BPU decatted stocks ?

Where can i get the turbo blanket john?

Have not thought about what injectors to go for yet as its going to be soon time before i can save the money. The car boosts around 1 bar.

Boddeh, just needed some one else to make my mind up on spending all my money, if i dont have an option the other half cant get too mad

Another Vortex single, how am I supposed to lord it over anybody if you all have single turbos.... :kissass: :stickpoke

John, what sort of boost and EGTs are you running? It gets hot under my bonnet but the mini airfilter hasnt shown any problems with the heat.

JB

Will do Terry. Going to look for some more detailed instructions tomorrow, unless anyone hear can point me in the direction.

Will i be okay keeping the fuel pressure the same until we meet up, or will it cause idling problems

Muffleman, still keep me informed on you 2

I had one of those moments with my single last night when you know it's a great move.

~70% throttle, .9bar, 3,000-5,000rpm in 6th. She absolutely flew....mind altering when you realise your foot ISN'T flat to the floor! :D