The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello from Nurburgring!

TLicense

Well here we are at the Nurburgring. Both cars (my supe, and a stripped out golf GTI) got here with no problems at all.

The weather has let us down big time though. Absolutely lashing it down, but we still managed to get a couple of laps in. Lots of Porsche 911, 1 Carrera GT :respekt: and a ton of BMW's.

I saw 1 other Supra for a brief second, but didn't get a chance to go and chat to the driver.

But all in all, pretty cool so far. We're going to try and bang some more laps in tomorrow as it's supposed to be better wearther (Just showers instead of constant heavy rain).

I got some pics and video, and will post them up when I get a chance.

Catch you later,

Tony

Well well well, what an amazing trip!

We absolutely hammered it on the Sunday getting a load of laps in. Didn't really do any accurate timing, but did a lap in under 10 min's according to the clock on the dash.

There were some VERY fast motor/driver combinations out there. I was not one of them it's fair to say. The local's who know the circuit are just in another league. I've never seen a Fiat Strada driven like that in my life :respekt:

Tried a v.max run on the Autobahn and got a nice tidy figure of 160mph on the GPS (about 176 on most speedo's) when we started approaching traffic. She was still pulling aswell, although at a much reduced rate. I was very happy considering my current gearing.

I was very impressed with the car's handling. MUCH better than the M5's that we could hold easily with in the not so blind corners. They stormed past us on most of the others as they knew the track layout better (or just didn't care)

The only problem was an exhaust failure for me, where the rear most hanger on the HKS midpipe has come away from the exhaust leaving a nice big 1" dia hole. Oh, and I think I've also slightly warped a disc, although I'll index it round on the holes which hopefully should cure it.

I got nearly a couple of hundred pics, which I'll try and upload tonight.

Saw the same supra that we saw on the first day. Came past us with a big thumbs up.

Basically a fantastic time had by all, just too much to really tell everything.

Hmmm when's the next trip June time? I wonder if the missus will let me go again so soon????

LOL Bobbeh, funny I just had a conversation with my girlfriend about going back in June. To summarise a 20 min lecture the answer was no.

It's fair to say though I am addicted big time. I'm just waiting to go back now. I read somewhere that life is what happens between laps around the Nordshleife. I can understand what it means.

I'm trying to work out how to upload 280 MB of pics. Any ideas anyone? Photobucket and imageshack want me to do it 1 at a time more or less. :(

Be careful when you go though guys. Hairiest moment for me was encountering a 50 odd seater coach (I shit you not) on the exit of the blind right hand corner after adenau bridge. I was doing about 90 he was doing about 20. :scare:

Tony. Your pics... try shrinking them using this utility. :thumbs: Use it to shrink your pics to lower res for the purposes of showing them off :) Saves you LOTS of time and disk/web space.

Yeah we've seen that Coach, nice little tour isnt it! Not for encountering on a corner at speed tho! :p At least it sticks to one side of the track and allows you to get by easily enough.