The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shockers

SexySallySupra

For the £400 that Mr T will charge you could get bilsiens all round from one of the traders on here. You'll need to say what spec your car is as you may already have the Bilsteins which are yellow, or just the standard black Toyota ones. £100 per shock is all you need to spend though, that's assuming it's the shocks that are at fault, I wouldn't rely 100% on Toyota's diagnosis, maybe you just need some bushes.

Hope this helps. :)

Mr T wanted £550 to do the full job for me....yeah alright then!

Sorry I have a 93 TT Import and from memory dont hold me to this im sure the shocker is a yellow colour.

Ive taken the car down a bumpy road with father put onto the back seat to listen and we're 99% sure its the shockers, however the front 2 are fine?

Ideally I just want the job done so ive got a nice quite ride again.

this might sound stupid, but i got a knocking sound and everyone thought it was shock on way out. Emptied the boot of polistirene and tools and anything that moved. no more noise, but no matter how i put it back in, i get a noise!! GGrrr Obviously as you drive the car, ull be able to tell better,but might be worth a go for £400, also maybe hatch rubbers, just check them. i know different type of noise but hey it could be!

I have purchaseed toyota bilstein dampers from a member on here who lives in japan they are significantly cheaper than uk prices.

The price you would pay for the above 2 shocks from toyota, i paid less for all four delivered, the only snag is a four- ish week wait.

I have purchaseed toyota bilstein dampers from a member on here who lives in japan they are significantly cheaper than uk prices.

The price you would pay for the above 2 shocks from toyota, i paid less for all four delivered, the only snag is a four- ish week wait.

That'll be me, I actually live in HK though.

The Bilstein shocks were an option on some models and standard on some of the later models.

Sally or anyone else if you want a set email me for prices.

If the shocks are yellow then they're the bilstiens.

Just to be sure that it isn't the hatch rubbers which would cause a surprisingly rattly sound try putting a couple of blobs of blu tack on the rubbers on both sides of the boot. It'll only take you a few seconds and could save you hundreds of pounds. :thumbs: