The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The BMX bandit and the missing valve caps.

SupraStar 3000

This is my absolute pet hate :complain:

Kids nickin dust caps to "bling" up their bikes.

I don't drive my Soop to work because of street crime and vandalism in the area but because my other car was due for a MOT i had no other option.

So I grudgingly park on a single yellow line and run the risk of a parking ticket but have the security of being directly outside my window under the office.

On the way to the photocopier I notice a chav looking suspicious next to my Supra with his bike abandoned in the road.

As I watch him he ducks under the other side and starts fiddling with my wheels.

Before he had the chance to remove anything I had thrown open the window and screamed at him to fuck off. The little c*nt jumped up and vanished before I could get outside and remove his nuts (not the dust caps type). Bastards!!!!

Before I bought my current 4x4 (everday car) I recon I must have gone throught 5 sets of caps (thats 20 caps) providing most of Leicesters local chav population with nice "bling" bike dust caps.

:looney:

I had a small incident with a kid trying to nick my valve caps off my driveway once, bear in my mind my computer room is about 15m from the car...

So I waited for him to bend down, before I went outside....

Had a few words, not shouting at home, letting him know that if I found him or his mates touching my car again that they would be getting a slap...

I think the shock of me walking out and catching him scared the crap out of him....

Him and his mates came round later to have a look at the car when I was outside washing it.. and I was happy to talk to them about it, and even took one of them out for a drive...

I've been lucky enough since they have not tried anything since and they now actually keep an eye on the car for me....amazing what happens when you just talk to them and give them a set of spare caps that came with an old copy of Max power....

Mind you, I've had a little bit of a disagreement with one of their fathers who is a major meathead (he is a bouncer), and he was one of these blokes who nobody argues back with, and I don't let people talk down to me, his son saw this and I'm guessing since he saw me not backing down from his agressive father he realized I was not a bloke who takes shit.. He recently said to me that he was shocked I stood up to his dad, because nobody ever does...

Some of these kids just need a decent strong figure...

I now get the kids coming round and chatting to me about the car all the time and they are all fascinated by it.

Gav

..Mind you, I've had a little bit of a disagreement with one of their fathers who is a major meathead (he is a bouncer), ... he was shocked I stood up to his dad, because nobody ever does...

I've had to do this, more than once. Tricky, but worth it. It's a one-way street really.

If you play 'dumb' like everyone else then it will only get worse and the local bully will add you to the list of victims.

It's all in your attitude, if you avoid any rude words or threats he has no ammo to fight back --- and it's not as risky as people think: what is he gonna do, beat you to a pulp in front of the whole neighbourhood? Many of these people are out on parole anyway, the last thing they want is go back to prison.

Picking a fight with a neighbour is a deeply stupid thing to do, and he knows it, he's done it before, he's got the T-shirt. He'll probably back off first, if you give him a graceful exit ;)

John, exactly..

He attempted to shout at me, at which point I told him to shut up and listen to me... It was that single action that completely stumped him, being a meathead, I don't think anybody had every told him to shut up..... My other half apparently heard his son giggling away in his bedroom because someone had told his step-dad to be quiet for a change....

Needless to say I've not seen the meathead since, and I get on well with everyone in our quiet little area.

And if anybody ACTUALLY knows me, they will know what a quiet person I am in person.. and I'm certainly not a well built person either tho.. but I don't take crap....

Gav

I've given up on valve-caps now, the last lot were titianium, and despite liberal application of copper slip, I couldn't get the bastards off without destroying them, and the rubber lining to the valves.

....... and I'm certainly not a well built person either tho.. but I don't take crap....

You don't need to be built like a brickhouse in order to hurt someone.

In fact 'big' guys tend to get beaten up regularly, either because they get involved in fights all the time, or because others expect them to be aggressive and plan accordingly.

It's the 'small' and and 'quiet' ones that do the damage. Sneaky, silent, vindictive weirdos with a grudge I'd be weary of. They are prepared to wait, plan ahead, do their homework, always have alibi, and hit where it hurts. And you're not even sure it was them.

I don't mind having a meathead angry at me, he's obvious, predictable and simple - easy to disarm.

i wish somebody would manufactured some washer like razor blades that slip over the nozzle neck and are held on with either the original or customised dusk cap then when the little bastards try to remove the caps they get slashed fingers tips.

I don't think the Health&Safety executive would approve of such a device. :p

What appears to be (to the untrained eye) as the offspring of scum, may be (to politicians) the New Blood, the Future, the taxpayers of tomorrow, those who will pay for your pension with their hard work and commitment. :cry:

So they're protected species and we should cherish them, along with all the genetic leftovers imported from all around the globe.

[/end rant]

Laz, has had 2 full sets taken from the car, 1 set off the drive way we think and the other when we parked up at Milton Keynes Shopping Centre last year.. We were only gone for a short time but all of the dust caps were nicked again these ones were the ones that have a small alan key/ screwdriver type lock from Halfrauds. So we don't put bling ones on anymore, it seems like everyone else wants what (we) have and they don't care how they get them! The Little Ba****d's....... :(