The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Motec install takıng an age!!

TRD3000GT

Well as some of you know I have gone down the single turbo route and went with the daddy of standalone ECU`s

However I am pretty upsset with the ammount of tıme the tuning shop has taken to install the unit..

Its the motec M800 and is controlling about everything it can on my VVTI single tubo car...

My latest feelings in the supra tuning world are of being constantly let down with parts, times and prices people quote to get things done....

From now on I am going to arrange a deadline with everyone that thinks about breathing on my car that will start to impact the price I pay for the work after a set period of time...

Also just so other people know NEVER tell a tuner you are going away for 2 weeks and that they should have the project done on your return... This method has left me completely screwed at least 3 times!!

I am going to Oxford tomorrow to crack some heads as it seems to be the only way to get things done these days.. I think 1 month to install an ECU is long enough and if it is not resolved very soon I am going to start making peoples lives difficult..

rant over, but Im still pretty upset about the whole thing...

It's probably been sitting in the back of the garage for the first 3 weeks, then when it comes to fitting they're struggling with it. People usually get the job done quicker when you apply some pressure. Its the same in any industry sadly.

The only problem is you enter the...

Do I leave them be and let them get on with it...Let them do a 'really' good job. (hopefully) :limp:

Or jump up and down, shout and scream... :complain:

and risk them doing a rushed job. (possibly missing something along the way)

At the end of the day your in a no-win situation, do nothing - wait for ages. Do something - possible lose out.

Life's a bitch :taped:

Have a guess why I do everything I possibly can on the car myself these days :mad: And if anyone else does anything on it I know I can't and won't be able to do, I a) need some serious recommendation from some seriously trusted sources, and b) stress massively while it's with them.

-Ian

Also just so other people know NEVER tell a tuner you are going away for 2 weeks and that they should have the project done on your return... This method has left me completely screwed at least 3 times!!

While I think that a month to do the work seems excessive and hope they pull their finger out for you, the above quote is not 100% correct.

I normally have my car at CW's when I go to Moroso ;-) and the rest of the state for a couple/three weeks for vacation and it's always been fully completed upon my return. I did this in 03 and in 04.

(OK, so my work was not an ECU install and single but, you get the idea)

All the best with it Chris :thumbs:

The difference is that CW seems like a trustworthy and responsible fellow while most others are simply numpties...taking you for a ride with their feable so called knowledge of tuning. plus all they are probably interested in is money, they take no pride in their reputation, customer service or work.

most others are simply numpties...taking you for a ride with their feable so called knowledge of tuning. plus all they are probably interested in is money, they take no pride in their reputation, customer service or work.
You are Simon Fox AICMFP

:D

Guest Terry S

I still dont think this is the correct solution for the VVTi :(. When you look at the amount of work Mr T put into the VVTi Map, there is no way a mapper will have the time, or probably the client the ££ to replicate it. It may make more power with a standlone, but Mr T was much more concerned with drivability and torque.

I've been speaking with Reg Riemer in past but he's a little bit 'afraid' to share information. Pretty bummer cause I have some nice stuff for him also. I don't like the people who don't want to share info. Pay this pay that, f$ck you etc.

We're working on a single turbo VVTi car with T88 single, Mercedes Supercharger and custom 264 cams and everything is going to work with the regular AEM box or the special AEM box.

Dimitri & me will be at AEM this wed/thu/fri and with the help of the other AEM guru's like Sean & John from torquefreaks and BLKMGK this car will be tuned *easily*.

Guest Terry S

OK well all I can say is he has cracked the VVTi coding done by toyota and the map is huge. I discussed this briefly with Dimitri. Sure you will tune points on the map, but will you actually get near Toyotas map.

Well as some of you know I have gone down the single turbo route and went with the daddy of standalone ECU`s

However I am pretty upsset with the ammount of t?me the tuning shop has taken to install the unit..

Its the motec M800 and is controlling about everything it can on my VVTI single tubo car...

My latest feelings in the supra tuning world are of being constantly let down with parts, times and prices people quote to get things done....

From now on I am going to arrange a deadline with everyone that thinks about breathing on my car that will start to impact the price I pay for the work after a set period of time...

I am going to Oxford tomorrow to crack some heads as it seems to be the only way to get things done these days.. I think 1 month to install an ECU is long enough and if it is not resolved very soon I am going to start making peoples lives difficult..

rant over, but Im still pretty upset about the whole thing...

Chris, do you have a quote for mapping the Motec, I'd be interested to know how much it is costing if you don't mind saying? Is this the first Supra in the UK to use the Motec?

while most others are simply numpties...taking you for a ride with their feable so called knowledge of tuning. plus all they are probably interested in is money, they take no pride in their reputation, customer service or work.

Now you are moving onto the whole subject of tuning companys and not just the Holiday/install that Chris is talking about above.

If you do your homework then, you can stay away from people like this.

I have not seen any of this from "our" traders even the ones I have not used.

rather sweeping statement there IMI.